LGB 1.6 SetCPU settings

Discussion in 'Liquid' started by gotbst05, Apr 16, 2011.

1. gotbst05

gotbst05 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Looking for something new, so I switched to LGB. My only issue is getting SetCPU settings in correctly. Coming from PE, I had an "on demand" option. I'm not seeing this with LGB. Any suggestions? My battery life is crappy & that setting always helped.
  2. pdc419

pdc419 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    They have all the overclocking options in liquid settings so there's no need for set cpu to eat up resources. I also suggest using the smart mod govener that comes with 1.6

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  3. BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +25
    ^ I agree, LGB 1.6 has great battery life to begin with so setCPU is unnecessary really. Use the built in overclocking with smartmod governor it's interactive with it underclocking to 500mhz when screens off.

4. gotbst05

gotbst05 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the info. i went ahead and removed setcpu and now using the built in overclocking.
  5. captdroid

captdroid Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17
    I still use setCPU for the profile support. One profile I have reduces cpu speed based on temperature and another determines the highest available slot when plugged in so that when running GPS in the car it helps keep the temperature lower. Yet another reduces cpu speed based on available battery charge remaining to conserve. Other then that the main profile uses smarmod governor 250-900 corcor67
  6. danceswithbongs

danceswithbongs Active Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Oddly enough I hate the smart mod governor. Whenever I do any downloads or backups or anything that may need time, I like to turn the screen off so the cpu can focus its efforts on the task, nothing being pulled away to run display, widgets and all that goes with screen on.
    I will take my beloved interactive any day of the week and twice on Tuesday.
    That way when the screen is off if the cpu needs the power it gets it and if not it will run at 250.
    I just can't see how it could have much impact on battery life. Especially since if a task needs to run at some point during the night, if it gets less speed the cpu needs longer to accomplish the task versus it overclocked and taking less time thus entering sleep mode quicker.
    To me it almost seems like you would need to always have your screen off in order to see some real battery benefits.
    But its possible I'm missing something and hence my incorrect assumption.
    Does smartmod do anything else?

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
    danceswithbongs
  7. captdroid

captdroid Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17
    I don't know except with my setup the smartmod governor as primary profile in setCPU seems to help with battery life versus using interactive. Speaking of screen on, I have the custom dim levels set pretty low to save as much battery the screen being the biggest power drain.

Search tags for this page

cpu lgb