LGB 1.3 Lockscreen Wallpaper

Discussion in 'Liquid' started by InsomniacSR, Feb 25, 2011.

1. InsomniacSR

InsomniacSR New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just wondering how I can change the lockscreen wallpaper. I didn't see a setting for it in Liquid settings, and I did some digging in the systemui.apk and framework-res.apk and I couldn't find it. Anyone have any luck finding it?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

2. liquid0624

liquid0624 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Lock_bg.PNG in framework hdpi
    Lock_ld.PNG in framework hdpi land

3. thaDroidz

thaDroidz Silver Member

Ratings:
    +42
    Its clear I love it!!

4. bgreene07

bgreene07 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Where is that and how to you change it?

5. rabbitfoot

rabbitfoot Member

Ratings:
    +2
    they're image files. i'm not sure what your situation is, but without using ninja morph here's one way you can do this:

1) using 7zip or winrar drag /system/framework/framework-res.apk onto your desktop
    2) double-click on framework-res.apk (rename the extension to .zip if you're using winrar, first)
    3) go to res/drawable-hdpi to replace the Lock_bg.PNG with the image of your choice (i've included the one i use)
    4) go to res/drawable-land-hdpi to replace the Lock_ld.PNG with the image of your choice (i've included the one i use)
    5) close the framework-res.apk file (rename it from .zip back to .apk if using winrar)

from here you have some options. you can
    - push the framework-res.apk using terminal emulator or ADB
    - install it with an update.zip

i hope that helps!

best,
    rf

6. InsomniacSR

InsomniacSR New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you, just couldn't seem to find it. So far this has been the most stable GB Rom I have used.

7. senordeuce

senordeuce Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That last part

Sorry, new to this. Can you elaborate on that last part? I have to mount the system to access the system files. Then I can edit the background files to change the background. Then how do I put it back?

8. liquid0624

liquid0624 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    So elaborate guys what you don't like about the lock screen backgrounds do you want me to remove them from the ROM or do you prefer the ones rabbit foot made why so interested in changing them ?

9. senordeuce

senordeuce Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The current lockscreen ends up with a grey color with the partial transparency. I'm trying to go full on honeycomb with my theme and so I'm just trying to change to something with more blue and possibly a honeycomb-like graphic. There's nothing wrong with it in isolation, just trying to get it to match everything else.

10. senordeuce

senordeuce Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Also, I love your roms and have no problem with the branding, but the Liquid Gingerbread tag also competes with the honeycomb theme. Maybe Liquid Smooth Roms or some other more generic tag would be more appropriate. Thanks for your interest. It's amazing how quickly and consistently you respond to user requests. I will be sending a donation your way shortly. Keep up the great work.

11. xabba

xabba New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    To make the lock screen transparent, would you just remove those two files from the apk or would that break the ROM?

Also, couldn't you just use root explorer to transfer the apk file back?

Thanks!! :)

12. 3278

3278 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's a great question. There are a couple of things I don't like about them.

Personally, I prefer a more stock, vanilla appearance for my Android devices. [Functionality is another matter.] I like my Android to look like stock Android, unless I choose to change something. I prefer a theme system that presents me with a stock appearance, and then gives me simple and powerful tools to alter that appearance, rather than one which hands me an appearance slightly modified for someone else's tastes.

Branding definitely irritates me. I'm not that wild about the white M that displays at boot on my Droid, but I think they did a great job making the device and they deserve to take a bow. Similarly, I don't mind some reminder - like a bootscreen [tasteful, please, and easy to alter; I love the new system for choosing different bootanimations] - that I'm using a Liquid ROM. But I don't want it on my lockscreen, or my desktop background, or persistent anywhere. Once that device boots up, it's mine, and it should look and act for my benefit, you know what I mean?

Anyway, I love Liquid ROMs, and I use nothing else, and I'm constantly extolling their virtues to others. You've made some great ROMs, and the fact that I'd prefer a different lockscreen doesn't change that. Good work!

Search tags for this page

change lockscreen wallpaper buzz launcher

gingerbread lockscreen wheel

lgb background

lgb wallpapers

lockscreen wallpaper

on the buzz launcher how do u change the lock screen wallpap

wallpaper lock screen