**Add on to my comment.**
it's a joke on us, no sd, limiting data plans,

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Ksupernor2

Reaction score
**Add on to my comment.**
it's a joke on us, no sd, limiting data plans,

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

What is stupid it is the Korean version has SD card slot up to 64gb and a removable battery......And of course we don't...... Do these companies read real world reviews? Two of the biggest things people complain about. Is batteries and expandable storage......... Oh well I still love my G2. 32gb is good and the battery does pretty good.

YellowJacket

Reaction score
What is stupid it is the Korean version has SD card slot up to 64gb and a removable battery......And of course we don't...... Do these companies read real world reviews? Two of the biggest things people complain about. Is batteries and expandable storage......... Oh well I still love my G2. 32gb is good and the battery does pretty good.

Its all about the $$. You'll buy the phone, enjoy it for a year and a half, then spend the next 6 months planning your upgrade then the cycle repeats. Or, you fork out the $$$$ for the full price, enjoy it for 1 year, start to suffer buyers remorse and then buy another full price phone. Verizon wins every time....

David

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Arguably the best feature of the G2 is its ability to play "high resolution" audio. I've been an audiophile for ages, but I eventually succumbed to the mp3 cult. I got so fed up with popping CDs in and out of my pioneer receiver in my car. At first I was listening to 128kbps mp3s burned to a CD...total crap. I then moved onto the pioneer 9800bt which offered integration with an iPod, though the 24-bit DAC in that unit was mediocre. Now I use my 80prs that has USB input, so the conversion is done with the receivers' three 24-bit DACs...far better, but still not stellar. Now I've simply been resorting to Bluetooth streaming from Google music, which is a bit worse. Once hi res audio goes mainstream, it's going to be awesome to get such great quality from Google music...that's a long ways away though. For now, I can at least settle with ripping my CDs to FLAC and feeding them to my receiver via USB.

Tapped from my G2

From one audiophile to another, I agree...EAC to FLAC is def the way to go, however I don't have a High Resolution head in my car. I still don't carry the audio with me (3,800+ CDs). Instead it's all on a 2TB NAS on the network at home and I use Google Music to stream the music to me everywhere I go.

Sure it's not audiophile quality once it leaves the web stream, but it's close to the next best thing. The car has Bluetooth so I don't even need to wire up. I also have a couple pairs of BT headsets so music is with me everywhere.

I do wish my phone had High Resolution audio. If I were buying again, I'd go G2 over S4 in a heartbeat. My S4 had horrible battery life and signal sucked too. The MAXX is a battery monster so that problem is solved for me. As for signal... Soooooo glad to be back to Motorola again. There is no comparison for me with ANY other manufacturer's phone I've ever used.

Can't wait for a true audiophile BT to hit mainstream, but for now this beats lugging CDs around.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Big Ry

Reaction score
From one audiophile to another, I agree...EAC to FLAC is def the way to go, however I don't have a High Resolution head in my car. I still don't carry the audio with me (3,800+ CDs). Instead it's all on a 2TB NAS on the network at home and I use Google Music to stream the music to me everywhere I go.

Sure it's not audiophile quality once it leaves the web stream, but it's close to the next best thing. The car has Bluetooth so I don't even need to wire up. I also have a couple pairs of BT headsets so music is with me everywhere.

I do wish my phone had High Resolution audio. If I were buying again, I'd go G2 over S4 in a heartbeat. My S4 had horrible battery life and signal sucked too. The MAXX is a battery monster so that problem is solved for me. As for signal... Soooooo glad to be back to Motorola again. There is no comparison for me with ANY other manufacturer's phone I've ever used.

Can't wait for a true audiophile BT to hit mainstream, but for now this beats lugging CDs around.

So EAC is still the go-to software for ripping? Lol I haven't ripped a CD in years now. I am planning to rip all mine to FLAC... one of these days.

Tapped from my G2

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
EAC is still the most accurate ripper. There are certainly easier methods but none that give you a true bit by bit accurate copy of the CD. If you calibrate your CD ROM drive with the proper offsets, and set the property lead in and out, over-read and gap detection you get a 100% accurate copy. I accept nothing less than perfection with my audio copies and if you use secure mode with no C2 error detection/correction, and the top is successful you are as close to 100% sure it's a bit for bit copy as is available today without spending thousands of dollars on a professional CD ripper.

I've used EAC to to, then burned a CD from the ripped copy, then did a compare of the original and the burned to and the two CDs matched perfectly in a bit by bit comparison. That sealed the deal for me.

Big Ry

Reaction score
Yeah, its leaps and bounds better than any of the other software. I really liked the error correction because I have a few CDs that aren't in such great shape

Tapped from my G2

OP
comk4ver

comk4ver

Reaction score
Thank you for all your input and audio formats education really appreciate it I'll be catching you guys on the boards. Hopefully I'll get caught up really quick.

I did get the Cyber Monday deal! It's currently in Tennessee right now can't wait to get my hands on this puppy! Already got my TPU high gloss black case and screen protector from Amazon and I'm good to go! Just hoping that davros will get something in the pipeline by the time I'm bored with the UI.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk