LG Working on a Siri and S Voice Competitor Called 'Quick Voice'

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Jun 21, 2012.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

Trends are fickle and fairly unpredictable sometimes, but once they get started, it seems like everyone wants to join in on the action. A new case in point is "voice activated assistants" ala Siri from the Apple iPhone. Of course, Apple didn't invent the idea, or even get it started, but they did popularize it. Now it seems like new competitors are popping out of the wood-work left and right to get a piece of the "Jarvis-style" device pie. The most notable that we have heard about recently are Samsung's "S Voice," (which has been described as a little buggy), and Google's "Majel" (which will likely become the most powerful and useful competitor to Siri). Now a new "virtual voice assistant" is joining the circus. LG has announced that they intend to create a new "voice assistant" too. The call it "Quick Voice."

This new product/service will launch later this month in Korea with limited functionality at first. Here's a quote with a few more details,

Source: BGR
  2. tjk629

tjk629 New Member

This is something that IMO should be done by Google so that EVERY android user can experience it. Plus, I'm guessing it'll perform better by having Google do it.
    2 people like this.
  3. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

^^. Indeed.
  4. johnomaz

johnomaz Well-Known Member

I liked your comment but also disagree with you. Google's voice commands do quite a bit. I personally think that S-Voice and Siri are just for show. They are as useful as Google's voice commands. I dunno, when I get my S3, I'll give it a try, but I doubt I'll use it much.
  5. georgeo18yal

georgeo18yal Member

Voice commands for Google already work wonders. They should just make an interface that works with that feature and bam, Siri competior. Maybe this will be a feature in Jellybean? :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums
  6. tjk629

tjk629 New Member

I like Google's voice command mainly because they're simple and to the point. While they don't have the flair of these higher end ones, I like being able to just say "Send txt to *name* @ mobile Message What are you doing now?".

I think it's really over looked though. Hell even when I had my OG DROID, and they came out I never used it. It was only when people started praising SIRI that I gave them a shot, and found out that they're actually pretty darn good.
  7. xsylus

xsylus Active Member

siri voice: "blah blah blah, infinitum ad nauseum"

:wink-b:
Search tags for this page

lg svoice competitor