LG Will Supposedly Reveal the G4 Pro/G4 Note Oct 10 with Removable Battery

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lg-g4-shot.jpg

For a while now we have been following rumors and news stories related to an unnamed LG smartphone device that the company will be launching this fall. The previous intel indicates it will be a phablet-style smartphone, and will be designed for LG to compete with the Galaxy Note 5 from Samsung.

The latest intel takes that a step further. As we have reportedly previously, LG was buying up "Note" named domain names, suggesting the South Korean OEM plans to compete directly with Samsung using a similar name. Today's report claims that it won't be similar, it will be exactly the same. According to info found in the TENAA database, LG's device will be called the LG G4 Note.

Additionally, we also have a rumored unveiling press event for the device, which will supposedly be October 10th. To be clear, we aren't sure what to make of this latest intel. It seems very legitimate after close inspection. What do you folks think? Could LG be planning to "hijack" the Note moniker from Samsung? Could this be the beginning of an all new Patent War, only this time it will be waged by LG and Sammy? Stranger things have happened...

Here's our dedicated section for further discussion on the LG G4 Note: LG G4 Note | Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Source: PhoneArena

Last edited:

Batman8

Reaction score
Hey, considering that Samsung completely screwed us this time around with the Note 5 having no SDcard slot, no removable battery and no IR Blaster...I welcome LG to join in on the Note series! Maybe they'll get it right or at least put some pressure on Sammy to stop putting out the same old crap, in the same sizes but with less features.

Come on LG, this might even be my next purchase since I already own a Note 2, Note 3 and Note 10.1, but passed on the Note 4 since it was too similar to my Note 3. Passing on the Note 5 was a no brainer considering that I'm also an old school gamer and absolutely must have an SDcard slot in order to carry the huge data folders for today's HD games. I still can't believe it...as soon as the micro SDcards have gotten to be a decent size now (128GB), Samsung decides to stop using them on their high end top of the line phones!!! What's even more crazy is Samsung has now started producing their own brand of 128GB micro SDcards, but what the hell are we supposed to do with them now Sammy when there are no SD slot anymore?...idiots.

I can't wait to see more of this LG G4 Note (which hopefully will at least have an SD slot)!

eebvending

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S10+
It's a sweep to the right and Samsung has fumbled the ball! LG has recovered at the Samsung 20. First Down LG!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey, considering that Samsung completely screwed us this time around with the Note 5 having no SDcard slot, no removable battery and no IR Blaster...I welcome LG to join in on the Note series! Maybe they'll get it right or at least put some pressure on Sammy to stop putting out the same old crap, in the same sizes but with less features.

Come on LG, this might even be my next purchase since I already own a Note 2, Note 3 and Note 10.1, but passed on the Note 4 since it was too similar to my Note 3. Passing on the Note 5 was a no brainer considering that I'm also an old school gamer and absolutely must have an SDcard slot in order to carry the huge data folders for today's HD games. I still can't believe it...as soon as the micro SDcards have gotten to be a decent size now (128GB), Samsung decides to stop using them on their high end top of the line phones!!! What's even more crazy is Samsung has now started producing their own brand of 128GB micro SDcards, but what the hell are we supposed to do with them now Sammy when there are no SD slot anymore?...idiots.

I can't wait to see more of this LG G4 Note (which hopefully will at least have an SD slot)!
They make almost an extra c-note for increased internal memory vs nowhere near that on their standalone cards. If they can sell their phone without external card and make ludicrous profit margins AND sell their external card to owners of LG?
I've said before whoever comes up with an electronic stylus pen like the s pen will most likely be the one that gets my business for my next phone. If it's just another G4 without the pen I'll pass.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4