LG Vortex Question (Screen Lock)

IceAngel8381

Reaction score
I recently jumped ship from BlackBerry and got a Vortex. I have to say so far it has been the best decision I have made. No problem with the phone. However, I am having issues with having the screen staying locked. I have it set up where I have to enter a PIN, however it does not seen to be working because I pick up the phone, or take it out of my purse, the screen is not locked. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!! :)

MarkKoontz

Reaction score
I've noticed the same behavior. I got mine in December, and it worked as expected, but in the last couple of weeks (possibly after an Android update?), it has behaved as you describe. The only time it will lock the screen is if I reboot it. The screen will continue to lock until I recharge the battery.

So I think the "workaround" (at least from my experience) is to reboot the device after recharging.

Does anybody know how to report these kinds of bugs?

Thanks!
Mark

MarkKoontz

Reaction score
I used the following "Soft Reset" procedure found on the Verizon Community web site. It resolved the problem:
  1. Power LG Vortex down
  2. Remove the battery
  3. Replace the batter (after a few seconds)
  4. Power up
  5. Dial *228
  6. Select option 1 to program your device
If this doesn't work, it suggests clearing temporary internet files, cookies, etc., from the browser.

If that doesn't work, "a factory reset may be needed".

The topic of the entry is "LG Vortex - having 3 issues and would welcome HELP". You can try this link: LG Vortex - having 3 issues and would welcome HELP - Verizon Wireless Community

Mark

Shawn3

Reaction score
I found my screen lock problem was linked to using VZ's Backup Assistant App. It somehow has permission to disable the lock screen, and if it gets corrupt can cause the lock screen to not come on.

Go to Settings->Applications->Manage Applications->All->Backup Assistant and then click "Force Stop" and "Clear Data". The next time you start up Backup Assistant it will ask for your info, but should stop the screen lock problem. I just use Google contacts now for sync.

FebrezeVortex

Reaction score
UNSURE whether this problem started after I allowed the Verizon upgrade yesterday. However, I do recall receiving notification that the upgrade was successful and that "My Verizon" widget hosed AFTER the upgrade.

I elected to execute the procedure user Shawn3 noted since it did not require a reset to factory default nor removing the battery.

I followed Shawn3's procedures until I got to the "Clear Data" step -- that option was grayed out so it could not be selected. Shawn3's procedure RESOLVED my LG Vortex's screen lock problem. :)
(I have owned a LG Vortex since Dec 2010 & this is the first time it has encountered this problem.)