LG Vortex Help

kevin82485

Reaction score
I'm glad I stumbled across this forum. I've been fighting my new Vortex for the last 4 days since I bought the stinkin' thing. First it was constant freezing, turns out it was an SD card issue, got that resolved.

So then I took some of my old .mp3 ringtones I'd made a couple years ago off my computer and texted them to my phone. Works ok, except that I can't use them as a text notification, and I had one I really liked. Anyway, I downloaded ringdroid, it let me cut up the same song and specify "use as notification" so I thought that would solve the problem. Nope.

Now, when you call my phone it goes back to the default ringtone and when you text me I don't even get a ****** alert.

I'm so mad at this phone right now I've thought about throwing it out on to the highway I live on to watch it die a painful death as cars & trucks repeatedly bash the **** out of it.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated. :)
I had the same problem. I use the old ESPN alert sound (when the bottomline use to popup on the bottom of the TV screen) as my notification alert.

It's really easy to fix. Easiest way I found is to connect your phone to your computer. Once the SD card in your phone is recognized, open the SD card. Browse through these folders media > audio > notifications. Copy your notification ringtone to this folder. Once you disconnect your phone from your PC, you will be able to use the new ringtone as a notification.

christa.ann

Reaction score
newbie vortex user help me!

so to get my phone to allow me to put more than .4 gb of music on it i had to do something through lg and it screwed up my vortex. it updated the software on it and i hate it is there any way to take it back to the standard factory running system?

christa.ann

Reaction score
i did a factory reset and all it didnt fix it i need to find a way to reinstall the operating system basically....or just wait and hope a better update comes out.....

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Waiting for a better update on an LG phone is about like waiting on ANY updates from Samsung here in the states.

How long have you had the phone? This strikes me as a major bug that might get the phone replaced.

TheCabLover

Reaction score
Alright I have a quick question for everyone,
I also have the LG Vortex, and I'm trying to get rid of the suggestion box when texting. I try to go into settings, and I attempt to change it, but it will not change.
What is going on?

starreveret

Reaction score
I'm new to droid phones and the Vortex is my first. It's been working fine up until about a week ago. I have had several occasions where I find that the phone is not locked. I use the slide bars. It does not have anything to do with something I am doing since the last two times I found it this way when I woke up in the morning. Sometimes I have to reboot to get it to lock again, but sometimes it will lock itself. Not sure if my playing around with the menu has anything to do with it relocking. Is there something that might cause it to not lock? Is there a better way to get it to lock? (No pushing the button at the top does not lock it either).

tjb90291

Reaction score
My friend has the votex is anyone else experencing severe freeze ups and doing a soft reset resulting in the battery charge going from full to half? Any help would be great. Thank you.

Sent from my HTC Incredible 2 using GO SMS