LG V10 on AT&T

Discussion in 'LG V10' started by cboss, Nov 14, 2015.

1. cr6

cr6 Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +6,685
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy S7 Edge
    Twitter:
    @dronewolfmedia
    Sorry to hear about your less than stellar battery life @kixfan ! One, you need to turn your WiFi off if you're not actually using it. Your burning up a lot of battery because you're device is constantly searching for a signal. (This goes for any app or feature you don't use regularly) Two, because your signal at home is scarce, and the fact that you only have 1 bar means that your network is constantly scanning for a better connection, so that's going to drain your battery faster than normal as well.
    Three, most games consume a lot of battery on their own, even with a strong 4G signal.
    Hang in there, I'm sure some others will weigh in on this and offer some more tips.
    Good luck!

S5 tap'n

• Like Like x 2
  2. kixfan

kixfan Senior Member

Ratings:
    +177
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 on AT&T.
    Twitter:
    kixfan
    Backing it up now and going to try a factory reset. If that doesn't change anything then I'll return it and try another one. Could be a hardware issue I guess. Could even be an error in some software running in the background constantly. I haven't seen a lot of reports on this phone overheating online anywhere yet. Maybe I just got the "lucky" phone. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. cr6

cr6 Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +6,685
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy S7 Edge
    Twitter:
    @dronewolfmedia
    Games make most devices run much warmer than normal, so keep that in mind. (Especially if you've got other apps running in the background) going forward keep WiFi, Bluetooth & Location Services turned off when not in use.
    Let us know how you make out after the FDR.

S5 tap'n

• Like Like x 1
  4. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,513
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2
    With one bar of signal showing ..yeah..you're going to use up battery quick..go into settings, data...more..cellular network..and choose cdma/lte instead of global..

Now check your network strength while in there..its probably going to be really weak..but I would shut off my WiFi..no need to power those radios looking for a signal when they won't find one..

Other than that..drop your brightness (shouldn't have to, I know) but that's the fight with mobile tech now days..they do so.much and with these big Crystal clear screens..they suck down juice...try what I mentioned here..see if that makes a difference.. Even if you leave the screen at 60%.. Let me know .

#16 94lt1, Nov 17, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  5. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,513
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2
    One other thing..go into your settings and apps..and freeze all the bloat on the phone that you don't use, things like slacker radio, ..here's what I have disabled...it can help with battery life..yours will have different apps..but this is just to show an example..[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. kixfan

kixfan Senior Member

Ratings:
    +177
    Current Phone Model:
    Twitter:
    kixfan
    I don't seem to have those data settings. The factory reset did seem to help a lot with the overheating problem. It doesn't get anywhere near as hot now. I already disabled a lot of those preloaded apps. There's a bunch of LG apps on there but I don't know enough about LG phones to mess with them yet. I'm a reformed Samsung junkie so am new to LG.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,513
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2
    Lol I was that way too when setting up my note edge..all those Samsung app I had no clue about..total and error my friend...trial and error..one at a time..:) glad the fdr has helped...see if it settles down some...if not..keep your 14 days in mind..and return it..you may have a defective unit...never know...

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. kixfan

kixfan Senior Member

Ratings:
    +177
    Current Phone Model:
    Twitter:
    kixfan
    That 14 days is always running through my mind. So far so good though. Just had a thought...I bought that phone last Friday, which happened to be Friday the 13th! What was I even thinking?? LOL

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,513
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2
    Also...keep in mind..if they do any insane black Friday (early) deal for that phone..you can probably call in and get that same deal..within your 14 days...I've never been able to get it to happen ..but others have..lol

10. kixfan

kixfan Senior Member

Ratings:
    +177
    Current Phone Model:
    Twitter:
    kixfan
    I have discovered a noncritical but very annoying problem. I have a photo perfectly sized/shaped to use as wallpaper. I go to the photo in the gallery and set as lock screen and it works perfectly. If I go to the same photo and try to set as home screen the area to crop is so small it only covers half of the photo. Why would the crop square be that small on the home screen but full photo size for the lock screen? Also it has an annoying habit of zooming in and removing the outer edge of any photo I choose as home screen wallpaper. If I wanted it to zoom in and eliminate the outer part of the photo I would do it myself with the crop box. For example I found a photo from Charlie Brown Christmas. It shows Snoopy, his doghouse, the tree, and Charlie. When I go to the set as box it fits but after applying it, it has zoomed so close it cut half of Snoopy and Charlie off. Is there a setting somewhere for this that I missed?

Search tags for this page
lg v10 airplane mode
lg v10 at&t forum

lg v10 forum

lg v10 forums

my lg v10 airplane mode is always on