LG V10 on AT&T

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Update: I took the phone off the charger around 7AM. I played a quick round of a pix game with my wife and updated my Family Guy game. Total time was around 20 minutes. Not much else. The battery currently sits at 71%. If the decline continues at the same rate then I figure the battery should last until approximately 5PM. That would give me 10 hours on the battery with little to no use for 8 hours of it. My brightness is around 60% and I have 1 bar of signal that comes and goes. My wifi is on but I have no wifi here. I have never turned it off on my old Note 3 either. In the time it has taken me to type this, the battery has dropped to 68%. Does that seem right? Seems like a pretty extreme drop to me. Maybe I'm expecting too much since it's a new battery/phone?

With one bar of signal showing ..yeah..you're going to use up battery quick..go into settings, data...more..cellular network..and choose cdma/lte instead of global..

Now check your network strength while in there..its probably going to be really weak..but I would shut off my WiFi..no need to power those radios looking for a signal when they won't find one..

Other than that..drop your brightness (shouldn't have to, I know) but that's the fight with mobile tech now days..they do so.much and with these big Crystal clear screens..they suck down juice...try what I mentioned here..see if that makes a difference.. Even if you leave the screen at 60%.. Let me know .

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
One other thing..go into your settings and apps..and freeze all the bloat on the phone that you don't use, things like slacker radio, ..here's what I have disabled...it can help with battery life..yours will have different apps..but this is just to show an example..
a36f38261fe116f4c94a8d7fbd1d2e72.jpg
f97c2ab088be6f68803b20d087ffdeb3.jpg
abf4350092f876c405e7472ec5c50f4a.jpg
1b21ec241cd85243ff724375afbe1b29.jpg

Reactions: cr6

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 20u AT&T
Twitter
kixfan
With one bar of signal showing ..yeah..you're going to use up battery quick..go into settings, data...more..cellular network..and choose cdma/lte instead of global..

Now check your network strength while in there..its probably going to be really weak..but I would shut off my WiFi..no need to power those radios looking for a signal when they won't find one..

Other than that..drop your brightness (shouldn't have to, I know) but that's the fight with mobile tech now days..they do so.much and with these big Crystal clear screens..they suck down juice...try what I mentioned here..see if that makes a difference.. Even if you leave the screen at 60%.. Let me know .

I don't seem to have those data settings. The factory reset did seem to help a lot with the overheating problem. It doesn't get anywhere near as hot now. I already disabled a lot of those preloaded apps. There's a bunch of LG apps on there but I don't know enough about LG phones to mess with them yet. I'm a reformed Samsung junkie so am new to LG.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Lol I was that way too when setting up my note edge..all those Samsung app I had no clue about..total and error my friend...trial and error..one at a time..:) glad the fdr has helped...see if it settles down some...if not..keep your 14 days in mind..and return it..you may have a defective unit...never know...

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
kixfan
Lol I was that way too when setting up my note edge..all those Samsung app I had no clue about..total and error my friend...trial and error..one at a time..:) glad the fdr has helped...see if it settles down some...if not..keep your 14 days in mind..and return it..you may have a defective unit...never know...

That 14 days is always running through my mind. So far so good though. Just had a thought...I bought that phone last Friday, which happened to be Friday the 13th! What was I even thinking?? LOL

Reactions: cr6

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
That 14 days is always running through my mind. So far so good though. Just had a thought...I bought that phone last Friday, which happened to be Friday the 13th! What was I even thinking?? LOL
Also...keep in mind..if they do any insane black Friday (early) deal for that phone..you can probably call in and get that same deal..within your 14 days...I've never been able to get it to happen ..but others have..lol

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
kixfan
I have discovered a noncritical but very annoying problem. I have a photo perfectly sized/shaped to use as wallpaper. I go to the photo in the gallery and set as lock screen and it works perfectly. If I go to the same photo and try to set as home screen the area to crop is so small it only covers half of the photo. Why would the crop square be that small on the home screen but full photo size for the lock screen? Also it has an annoying habit of zooming in and removing the outer edge of any photo I choose as home screen wallpaper. If I wanted it to zoom in and eliminate the outer part of the photo I would do it myself with the crop box. For example I found a photo from Charlie Brown Christmas. It shows Snoopy, his doghouse, the tree, and Charlie. When I go to the set as box it fits but after applying it, it has zoomed so close it cut half of Snoopy and Charlie off. Is there a setting somewhere for this that I missed?