LG Star poses for camera

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
attachment.php

We originally heard that the LG Star was going to be running stock aka vanilla 2.2 but these new pics reveal a UI that looks like a mash-up of Touchwiz and Sense. That will probably be a disappointment to some but this does look like it's the wave of the future (Manufactures putting their own UI's on handsets). It will also be sporting a HDMI port for those that asked previously.

I'm not really one to put much importance on benchmarks but for thoe that care I read that it's tearing them up with 1700 + on Quadrant. berryjuice (who posted pics) says it completely outclassed his/her Galaxy S.

Seeing that Gingerbread is being optimized for the Tegra 2 once it's loaded on the Star this thing should fly.

Early pics revealed Verizon branding so it's safe to say it's probably still heading to Verizon and possibly other carriers as well.

Check out all the great pics here.

So who's in for the LG Star when it hit's VZW?

Source: Phandroid

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Me likey!!!!!! That weather widget is sweet too.

Sent from somewhere...

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not big on the manufacturer UI's but I do like the look of that weather/clock widget :)

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
gamers may be particularly excited to know that since it's sporting the Tegra 2 gaming will become a huge draw.

Epic Games is releasing their Unreal Engine 3 for Android and id Software is working on their Rage Mobile engine. The best 3D engines are going mobile and game studios will be able to easily port their titles to Android. Dungeon Defenders is a prime example as it will released on the Playstation Network, Xbox Live Arcade, PC, iOS, and Android in a short period of time.

Most current console and PC games were developed for multi-core hardware so they will deliver the best performance on mobile devices that support multi-core architectures

gmorgan056

Reaction score
gamers may be particularly excited to know that since it's sporting the Tegra 2 gaming will become a huge draw.

Epic Games is releasing their Unreal Engine 3 for Android and id Software is working on their Rage Mobile engine. The best 3D engines are going mobile and game studios will be able to easily port their titles to Android. Dungeon Defenders is a prime example as it will released on the Playstation Network, Xbox Live Arcade, PC, iOS, and Android in a short period of time.

Most current console and PC games were developed for multi-core hardware so they will deliver the best performance on mobile devices that support multi-core architectures.

Me likey that!

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
How long before there is a new thread showing the Israeli video of the star?

Liked most of what I saw. Glad that is not a belt clip! One thing I didn't like was the screen lag when compared next to the iPhone 4. When will Android catch up in that one area? Still upset by the UI but we all know that can be changed.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Does it have a Front Camera? What size is the screen?

creaky

Reaction score
Screen doesn't look as vivid as iPhone, but hard to tell in this video.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hmmm..LG or Moto...which one do I get....I may have to really make a decision this time. I heard Samsung is using better GPS chips in some future phone/device...

Yea....I REALLY may have to make a decision with these next wave of phones....

Adrozz07

Reaction score
I like that in the phones menu he opened there was a selection for DivX registration :)

Reaction score
... One thing I didn't like was the screen lag when compared next to the iPhone 4. When will Android catch up in that one area? Still upset by the UI but we all know that can be changed.

This right here.

It may come equipped with the best mobile technology, but android phones aren't as fluid as the iphone 3...wtf