LG Sends Out Press Invites for May 27th Event; Here Comes the G3!

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lg-save-the-date-great-may-27-lg-g3-g-watch-event.jpg

LG just sent out press invites for an event they will be holding on May 27th. We already knew the G3 was coming, and we already knew it would probably come in May, so there is little room for doubt that the G3 will be guest of honor for this event. Although many could argue the relative merits of the technology, it's worth noting that the G3 will likely be the first Android smartphone with a 2K Display (2560 x 1440 5.5-inch) to hit the market.

The G2 and the Nexus 5 were well received by the press and consumers. In fact, just yesterday we were happy to report that LG's mobile profits are on the rise. Will we see that trend continue with the G3? The smart money would say yes.

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
Yay LG! I've had my G2 for months now and I love it. The screen is a little dim in bright places, but it's beautiful in every other circumstance. The thin bezel around the sides is nice, and I've grown accustomed to the buttons being on the back. I hope LG continues to do good things with their technology. Maybe they'll be able to afford some good marketing to go toe-to-toe with with guys like Samsung.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Why such a big screen??? It's to BIG!!! It's now a phablet.

Agreed. I have large hands and I struggle in some situations even with my G2. Thankfully it's such a great phone I don't think I'll mind for 2 more years if it survives.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Patiently waiting for the release :)...the G2 is pretty awesome, I have been using one the last few days and I am quite pleased with the device and especially the battery life!

acousticshade

Reaction score
The thin bezels on the g2 have totally spoiled me. I picked up my son's nexus 7 the other day & my first thought was how horrible it looked with such huge bezels & small screen.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
The thin bezels on the g2 have totally spoiled me. I picked up my son's nexus 7 the other day & my first thought was how horrible it looked with such huge bezels & small screen.

Yea I have the same issue. I keep knocking it to turn it on too.

Domestic violence

Reaction score
Love my G2.... Was realllllllly frustrated with the Kit Kat update since it destroyed my battery and made EVERYTHING choppy and laggy

i did a factory reset and all is well now.

the G3 may be a nice new toy for me.

luv2increase

Reaction score
You are the only person who says kitkat makes the G2 choppy. My G2 flies with kitkat! Can't wait for this G3!

Sent via Crossbreeded, 100% V6 Supercharged. KT747'd and Linaro Built Paranoid Android 3.10