LG Revolution Bootloader

thebum2323

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the LG Revolution has a locked bootloader?

OP
thebum2323

thebum2323

Reaction score
I know the phone can be rooted but it seems everyone is very quiet about if the Revolution's bootloader is locked or not. Does anyone have the answer to this question?

OP
thebum2323

thebum2323

Reaction score
welcome to the forum. as far as I read it has been rooted

Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog - All about Android and the DROID lineup of phones, Rooting, Apps, Reviews and Videos. : Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog - All about Android and the DROID lineup of phones, Rooting, Apps, Reviews and Videos.

sent from the Hawaiian D2G

Just because it is rooted doesn't mean the bootloader is unlocked. Take for example the thunderbolt and the droid charge, they both are rooted but still have locked bootloaders

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score

Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog - All about Android and the DROID lineup of phones, Rooting, Apps, Reviews and Videos. : Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog - All about Android and the DROID lineup of phones, Rooting, Apps, Reviews and Videos.

Just because it is rooted doesn't mean the bootloader is unlocked. Take for example the thunderbolt and the droid charge, they both are rooted but still have locked bootloaders

well then u should've checked if it is before getting one then asking the question if its unlocked.

OP
thebum2323

thebum2323

Reaction score

well then u should've checked if it is before getting one then asking the question if its unlocked.

I never said I purchased this device... but if it does than I am so on it in a heartbeat. I know it has been rooted by looking on the internet and I currently have a LG Vortex which is binged but I rooted it and removed bing and plan on doing the same thing if I get the Revolution

OP
thebum2323

thebum2323

Reaction score
But I did find out the bootloader is UNLOCKED so we need to push and request a thread over at xda developers so custom roms can be made! dancedroid

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
ur profile indicated this device so yes it is as an assumption that we in this forum sees this as an indication that u have this phone.
my apologies!

OP
thebum2323

thebum2323

Reaction score
ur profile indicated this device so yes it is as an assumption that we in this forum sees this as an indication that u have this phone.
my apologies!

I see what led you to believe.. but now that I have confirmed that the bootloader is unlocked it will be my next device :):icon_ banana:

sonex51

Reaction score
ditto

Yeah I tried this one out for the first time today along with the TB and Charge (and the X2, though it's locked up tight and thus not an option for me).

First I have to say that all three phones were running some Verizon in store addon software that would popup randomly and start playing an advertisement about the device along with other videos / graphics. So I have no doubt at all that this additional demo model bloatware was really slowing all three down.

That said,
The TB had a VERY laggy keyboard, and seemed to slow down a lot on many websites that a lot going on. I actually used Worldofwarcraft.com to test all three phones, and the TB didn't seem to scroll down the main page at any time w/o a second or more delay. I had also tested a TB without the additional bloatware about a week earlier and also noticed the keyboard input lag, but thought it was a display unit fluke. So I don't know what to think now...

The Charge had an even more laggy keyboard and after loading the same website, could not scroll down the page until at least 10 seconds had passed (I actually timed it with my phones stopwatch), and even then would end up at the bottom of the page instead of where I was trying to scroll to. Extremely frustating! Not to mention the cheep plastic build. All that was a shame since the screen is so nice on the eyes...

I actually didn't want to look at the Rev, but since it was there I tried it out. They keyboard was very responsive (very close to the iPhone4 it seemed). The Rev was also able to easily scroll up and down the same web page with little lag from top to bottom. I was surprised because both dual core X2 and even the xoom had trouble with this page. The phone also seemed to load the flash site Goodbrush.com better than the xoom... Needless to say I was a little dumbfounded that the phone I had zero intention of looking at grossly outperformed the two I wanted to compare.

I really hope there is some dev support behind this one because it really did seem to be a great device.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
my apologies!

I see what led you to believe.. but now that I have confirmed that the bootloader is unlocked it will be my next device :):icon_ banana:

Let me know how it goes, I'm actually interested as well. Thanks

sent from my Hawaiian Xoom...ALOHA