LG Planning a 4.7-inch Competitor to the SGS3; Internal Codename D1L

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Apr 9, 2012.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

LG may be one of the smaller tier manufacturers of Android phones, but they still make some pretty good products from time to time and are obviously striving to be competitive with the top dogs, like Samsung and Motorola. According to some new rumors, they are stepping their game up, and are developing a new ICS smartphone to compete directly with the unreleased Samsung Galaxy S III. A new intel leak from an anonymous LG employee suggests that the company is "developing a phone with a project name D1L." Further details about this phone indicate that it may have the following specs:
    • 1.5GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4
    • 4.7-inch screen 1280 x 720 HD display
    • Ice Cream Sandwich from the factory
    • LTE
    Additionally, the "rumint" suggests that the phone will be available as early as May. What do you guys think? Could a high-end LG device get your attention?

Source: The Verge
  2. AuxiliaryPie

AuxiliaryPie New Member

it just always seems like LG just throws together a phone and expects people to buy it. which i dont understand because LG makes the best feature phones, you would think they could make a top tier smartphone...the more the merrier!
  3. tgyberg

tgyberg Well-Known Member

Everyone is jump'n on the big phone train! I love it! :biggrin:
  4. krazyrunner86

krazyrunner86 New Member

I am currently using an LG G2x. I know many people dislike this phone, but I have to say, it has been the best android phone I've used thus far. Very snappy and responsive, with no lag. To me, that's the main thing. I loved(and still do love) my OG Droid, but it's just so sluggish now. Can't stand that. I would be very interested in owning another LG device. And I would love to try out that new Snapdragon processor. Oh Snap!!!
Search tags for this page
lg logo
lg logo in black background

lg logo with black background