LG optimus help hacking skype properly!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by champ1, Apr 16, 2011.

1. champ1

champ1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I downloaded the file manager and the skype.apk file. I placed the skype.apk file in my downloads folder using file manager software. I also made sure old program was deleted. However when I tried logging into skype it just keeps the loading images on screen and never logs in. Is their something I'm missing that I did wrong if so any help would be very much appreciated.

#1 champ1, Apr 16, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
  2. gflam

gflam Developer
    Theme Developer Developer

Ratings:
    +27
    Why did you place it in your downloads folder? that doesn't install the apk

And how did you delete the original skype apk?

3. champ1

champ1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How I deleted it:

At first I had installed the regular skype from android market then I un-installed it from manage applications in phone system settings. When I downloaded the skype.apk file I opened it with the astro file manager and it installed but when I tried to login to skype the screen just shows loading bar the whole time.

What folder should the file be in? I've tried placing in the folder that says SD card and it didn't work their either. Could you give me some steps to make it work correct?

If you could use a format similar to this "settings>applications>manage applications" that would help because I don't know my way around smart phones as this is my first smart phone. However I am very computer savy so that should help. By the way my phone didn't come pre-installed with skype.

Any help is well appreciated thank you!

4. champ1

champ1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So you are saying keep the original skype installed from andriod market? And also download skype.apk and install it? If that is correct what folder should the skype.apk file be in?

5. champ1

champ1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I got it installed however when I try to call it says that the call is ended. Is their something I did wrong?

6. gflam

gflam Developer

Ratings:
    +27
    Well when you said you placed it in the downloads folder i was thinking you didn't fully uninstall the original and then only placed it in the downloads folder but didn't install it because that obviously would have done nothing.

Once you install it though it basically copies itself into the /data/app directory and all as for the one in the market that is an apk and the apk i'm guess you got from the internet some where may be modded in some way so it could contain bugs but i don't know where you got it from.

But what is your reason for installing one from the internet what was wrong with the one from the market?

7. champ1

champ1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    3G phone Calls

The one in the app store want let you make calls through skype over 3G in USA however with the hacked version it lets you make calls over 3g and wifi within USA. This would essentially allow unlimited calls through my mobile internet on my phone through my unlimited subscription with skype.

Do you know how I can get the hacked version to work or do you have a link to one of the hacked versions that you know works?

8. gflam

gflam Developer

Ratings:
    +27
    Got ya but no i don't use skype i don't have it installed but i will look around a bit for you and post back if i find anything for you

9. champ1

champ1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thank you

Thanks I really appreciate your help!

Search tags for this page
how do i installed skype on my virgin mobile lg optimus elit
how to video skype call on lg optimus net
skype for lg optimus p500

skype for lg p500

skype for lg p500 optimus one