LG Optimus G Now Available for Preorder on Sprint for $199 On Contract

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lg-optimus-g-preorder-sprint.png

If you are on Sprint or considering a move to the Now Network and want a top-end flagship device, pre-orders for the LG Optimus G are now live on Sprint's website. You can grab the phone on a new contract for just $199.99. Considering the incredible specs of this device, it will be fairly "future-proof" for sometime to come. Here's a recap of the highlights:
  • Android 4.0 (Future upgrade to Jelly Bean, although LG is pretty slow at this)
  • 1.5GHz quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro processor
  • 13MP camera
  • 4.7-inch 720p display
Here's a link below to nab yours.

Source: Sprint

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
What people have to remember is that when phones are designed, planning begins almost a year out, so when a new OS arrives months into the final stages of development, it would never had the latest OS, as the drivers and software the phone would have been optimized for the most recent OS available at the time.

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
What people have to remember is that when phones are designed, planning begins almost a year out, so when a new OS arrives months into the final stages of development, it would never had the latest OS, as the drivers and software the phone would have been optimized for the most recent OS available at the time.

Plus with all the super talented devs in the android community I dont sweat OTA's anymore custom roms run butter & plus side no bloatware

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
The problem with it is not the OS, but Sprint's network. I left VZW to go to Sprint 2 months ago. Dropped calls, spotty coverage and their network speed is horrible. Their 3G network is a fraction of the speed of VZW's 3G. I am talking 2,000+ms pings, maybe 250kbps download on a good day... basically, it is about as fast as 56k dial-up was 10 years ago. Unlimited sounds good on paper, but when the data is so slow that you pretty much can't use it, what good is it?

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Hmm, I'm really thinking about making the switch to Sprint. I'm always on Wi-Fi anyway...

Caesars

Reaction score
Where I'm at Verizon 3g, sprint 3g, and Revol 3g all get about 1mb down and .5-1mb up, guess that's why i think 4g is mostly a scam lol.

Return of the Android