LG Nexus 5 Spotted In The Wild, Rocking Huge Camera Bump!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

CMkym0QWEAIsCsJ.jpg

The Note 5 just dropped, the Moto X Pure will be released in a few weeks, and the new Nexus devices are almost here. I think it's time to sell the dog. The release of the new Nexus devices is imminent, and it would appear that there are already some test units out in the wild. Earlier today MKBHD tweeted a picture of the upcoming LG Nexus 5. So far all we have seen of the device is just renders. Now we have a good solid look at the actual device. In this picture you can clearly see the fingerprint scanner just below the camera which has a huge round housing causing a nice camera bump. The device appears to have a white matte finish. It includes the Nexus branding. The phone looks pretty sweet.

via @MKBHD

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Can we just stop the ridiculous I need a thin phone so let me have the camera stick out by these companies.. Add thickness and while you at bump up the battery size.. It doesn't take a genius to figure out we all want better battery..

NexusSix

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I think the issue is that they think EVERYONE uses a case with their devices. Make it thinner, so an added case won't make it huge. When I have one of the few cases I have for my Note 4 on it, the bump makes no difference. But, when I'm rocking it nekkid like I am right now, I'm constantly setting it down on the camera lens.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I think the issue is that they think EVERYONE uses a case with their devices. Make it thinner, so an added case won't make it huge. When I have one of the few cases I have for my Note 4 on it, the bump makes no difference. But, when I'm rocking it nekkid like I am right now, I'm constantly setting it down on the camera lens.

I usually put a clear skin on mine just to prevent scratches on the exterior. But if the camera is a big enough issue, I would consider a thin as possible case. Even if a scratch isn't directly over the lens, the surrounding scratches can scatter light across the lens from the edges.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I'm curious about the naming: if the current Nexus made by Moto is the Nexus 6, why is this new model called the Nexus 5? Hasn't there already been a Nexus 5?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm curious about the naming: if the current Nexus made by Moto is the Nexus 6, why is this new model called the Nexus 5? Hasn't there already been a Nexus 5?
Currently, rumor is that this will be the new Nexus 5 and the new Hauwei (sp?) made phablet will be the new Nexus 6. Whether that actually pans out or not will remain to be seen, but that's how people seem to be referring to them at this point.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Currently, rumor is that this will be the new Nexus 5 and the new Hauwei (sp?) made phablet will be the new Nexus 6. Whether that actually pans out or not will remain to be seen, but that's how people seem to be referring to them at this point.
Thanks Jonny. So: Nexus 5, Nexus 6, New Nexus 5? That's not confusing to consumers at all. And people say the Droid model naming is confusing.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Depending on the battery size, I may add this to my Nexus collection. I agree with @bkdodger about bumping the size to give us more battery life and I also agree with @Jonny Kansas about cases. So here is my solution, go the Droid Razr route where they offer two devices one for those who need the extra battery or the thin device for someone who works in an office so would prefer the look over the bulk of the extra battery size.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I gotta disagree on offering two different options. It's already looking like we'll have 2 Nexus devices this year. I don't want to see the Nexus line get over-saturated like the rest of the market. The two that are rumored to be coming out serve their purposes well. Phablet for those who want it, "regular-sized" for those who don't.

I forgot to mention that I'd be more than happy to have a thicker device with no bump and bigger battery as well in my last comment.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I agree.. No more phones.. Haha
Give us thicker and we can still put a case.. It's not that much more bulk.. Win.. Win...

NexusSix

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score

I believe the number refers to the screen size rather than the generation of device. It would make more sense to me if they were referred to as the "Moto Nexus 6" and "Huawei Nexus 6." It would cut down a little on the confusion.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I believe the number refers to the screen size rather than the generation of device. It would make more sense to me if they were referred to as the "Moto Nexus 6" and "Huawei Nexus 6." It would cut down a little on the confusion.
Kinda, but they've also actually been the number the device was until they jumped to Nexus 7 for the tablet. Start with the Nexus 1, then had a couple without numbers, then 4, 5, 6...

Google Nexus - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia