LG LUcid INTERNAL versus PHONE memory

Bob2012

Reaction score
I recently got a LG Lucid and installed a 16GB SD card, but can't figure out how to move apps to my SD card. When I go to SETTINGS, APPLICATIONS, and STORAGE USE, I can tap on an app but I NEVER see an option to move to SD card. I see MOVE TO PHONE and MOVE TO INTERNAL memory on some apps (most are grayed-out). What's the difference between PHONE and INTERNAL memory? And is one of them the SD card? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I also connected the Lucid to my computer's USB port and can see my SD card, but it has hardly anything on it and I don't see folders for any apps.

meggaplex

Reaction score
Buuump. I'm confused too. I can tell you that the Internal memory is NOT the SD card, it's part of the 8gb that comes with the phone.

That being said, how DO you move apps to the SD card on this phone? I can't figure it out either. The only two options when managing apps are "move to phone" or "move to internal storage." And an app that I installed (App 2SD) that I've used successfully before on another phone (HTC Incredible) will only move apps to and from the phone memory and the internal memory but NOT the SD card.

I recently got a LG Lucid and installed a 16GB SD card, but can't figure out how to move apps to my SD card. When I go to SETTINGS, APPLICATIONS, and STORAGE USE, I can tap on an app but I NEVER see an option to move to SD card. I see MOVE TO PHONE and MOVE TO INTERNAL memory on some apps (most are grayed-out). What's the difference between PHONE and INTERNAL memory? And is one of them the SD card? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I also connected the Lucid to my computer's USB port and can see my SD card, but it has hardly anything on it and I don't see folders for any apps.

meggaplex

Reaction score
Upon some further yet brief research, I'm thinking that maybe the problem is the phone needs to be rooted before apps can be moved to the SD card.

TatDroid

Reaction score
If the Lucid is formatted the way some newer phones are (like my Bionic) you CAN'T move apps to SD. My Bionic's 16 GB of internal memory is formatted: 4GB for system (user can't access), 4GB reserved for app storage, and 8GB (called the "media area") available to the user for whatever. You can move any apps that are designed to "move to SD" to the "media area", but you can't actually move them to the removable SD card.

meggaplex

Reaction score
Wooooow.. that would suck if that's the case. The Lucid only comes with 8gb, 4 is allotted to the system and 4 is allotted to "internal memory." This might be a deal breaker for me.

OP
B

Bob2012

Reaction score
Wooooow.. that would suck if that's the case. The Lucid only comes with 8gb, 4 is allotted to the system and 4 is allotted to "internal memory." This might be a deal breaker for me.

You can configure the camera to save all pictures to the SD card and I notice that if I save apps (ones which can be moved) to INTERNAL storage, some of the SD card memory is being used. I also use a backup app which lets you backup data/apps to the SD card. So you can use it, but it's not easy...or possible...to save every app you download to the SD card. Not sure why.

meggaplex

Reaction score
I WILL figure this out, dammit! Or else I'm returning this phone :( Anyway, I'm posting my progress over on the Phandroid forums, if you're interested.