LG is Making a Firefox OS Fx0 Smartphone with Transparent Case Design

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fx0-header.jpg

It looks like the Firefox smartphone is moving forward and LG will be its maker. Not only will the OS of this device be unique, apparently its external design will be too. As you can see (or not see), the Firefox OS Fx0 Smartphone will have a transparent outer shell.

firefox-transparent-phone.jpg

While both the non-standard OS and case are pretty standout for this device, alas, the same cannot be said for its internal hardware. In fact, its guts seem rather archaic compared to the chic outer styling. Here's a breakdown:
  • 4.7-inch, 720 x 1280 pixel resolution screen (312 ppi)
  • Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 chipset with four 1.2GHz Krait 300 cores and an Adreno 306 GPU
  • 1.5GB of RAM
  • 8-megapixel rear camera
  • 2.1-megapixel front camera
  • Dimensions of 5.47 x 2.76 x 0.41 in (139 x 70 x 10.5 mm)
  • Weight of 5.22 oz (148 g)
  • 16GB of internal storage (expandable through microSD for up to 64 gigs more)
  • 2,370 mAh battery
  • Firefox OS 2.0
  • LTE
It's so... two years ago, specs-wise. Still, perhaps its fancy design and neo-OS might get some takers, with its gold color and cost of $416 (¥50,000). Unfortunately for most of the curious, it will only be available on KDDI in Japan. Would you consider this device if it were in your area?

Source: TheVerge

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ill give them $40 for it.

They have to start somewhere I just wonder what the game plan is. Are they going to focus on the low end market and go from bottom up?

Could this be a little too late, is firefox os still relevant enough to garner enough demand, and can firefox build enough demand that someone would be willing to purchase a firefox phone?

Think they are going to have to be wise so that this do not be come the next fire phone or facebook phone.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
If I were entering the Mobile market with a new OS, I would be sure to pair it with state of the art hardware.