LG & Google Partnership in Meeting Between CEOs; More LG Nexus Devices Confirmed

wvdroidman

Reaction score
that and the fact that Verizon probably won't ever offer another nexus device.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I think we will start seeing a shift from CPU toward more storage. A quad core is faster than 95% of people need, but with growing appetites for content and data caps people will want more and more storage. A certain fruit company understands this quite well.

I just don't see the demand or need for apps requiring that kind of power. The beauty of smart phone apps is their simplicity and utility. Aside from games, I don't see mega-horsepower apps because that's what a computer, or perhaps a tablet, is for. The octa-core Eoxynos rivals (sort of) my laptop i7, but I would never dream of doing some of the ridiculous Excel work that I need that i7 for on my phone.

We don't really even have much of an option for more storage. Sure, now you can use 64gig micro SD cards, but Android internals seem to top out at 32gigs. I'm not sure if they could give us a 2nd sd slot - I assume that might cost more than just adding internal memory.