LG G5 or Samsung Galaxy S7 or Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge? Poll

Which new flagship released today do you think ends up as the winner in a comparison?

• LG G5

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • Samsung Galaxy S7

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

Votes: 8 33.3%

• Total voters

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-galaxy-s7-vs-lg-g5.JPG

Photo Credit: Our friends at AndroidAuthority

The flagship series from both LG and Samsung were revealed today. The LG G5 was a big surprise because of its innovative new Magic Slot features and powerful hardware, but Samsung stepped up to the plate as well. While Sammy didn't include anything as innovative as the Magic Slot on the G5, their incredible design aesthetics and slightly better hardware might stand out.

We thought it would be a cool poll to see which device you folks think comes out on top. Will the larger battery on the Galaxy S7 win, or do you prefer LG's removable solution on the G5? Both devices have microSD slot support, but the G5 can access a larger storage capacity; which one matters more to you? Some might give the edge to the Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge in the aesthetics department, but that is subjective and the G5 is an attractive device too. Also, only the S7 and S7 Edge is water resistant, but the G5 has the slick new Magic Slot module functionality. Which do think matters more?

Please vote in the poll and share why you voted that way in the thread below!

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I think the Edge will take it but only by a narrow margin to the G5. I just don't think Samsung really brought anything with the S7

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Liking the S7 Edge. 3600mAh with the More efficient SD820 will be nice. Bringing Back the MicroSD is a Plus too. I will hold out for a Note 6 though as long as it improves on this. Would Like a Note 6 Edge!

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Liking the S7 Edge. 3600mAh with the More efficient SD820 will be nice. Bringing Back the MicroSD is a Plus too. I will hold out for a Note 6 though as long as it improves on this. Would Like a Note 6 Edge!
I am waiting on the Note 6 also... But I am leary about the edge on a Note. I use the S pen all the time for highlighting and circling stuff so I am concerned how trying to deal with the edge may affect that. I guess I will just have to wait and see.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I am waiting on the Note 6 also... But I am leary about the edge on a Note. I use the S pen all the time for highlighting and circling stuff so I am concerned how trying to deal with the edge may affect that. I guess I will just have to wait and see.
The Original Note Edge (Note 4 Variant) wasnt bad. Would still take one now.

Gremlin

Reaction score
LG G5 is good but the screen size is 5.3 small for me.. I am waiting for the Note 6.. If not than S7 edge it is for me..

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Im hoping that the Note 6 will have at least if not slightly larger Battery than S7 Edge

dattkiddkfc

Reaction score
I'm stuck! All 3 units are amazing! I have the g4 and was kind of disappointed at the end. Other devices seemed to get updates and faster development but lg was falling behind. Samsungs new devices have the water proofing and the SD card slot. Plus they look amazing. Been awhile since I tried samsung. But the LG G5 has some amazing new features. It might come down with the promos they offer. I know tmobile has promos for the Galaxy where you get vr and a year of Netflix free! So they might win there.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Tough choice but I am leaning toward the G5 for being different though I expect the S7 to win in sales.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I'm a G5 fan. S7E if I were to go for a larger screen. S7 & S7E will most likely sell better due to Sammy's market share.