LG G4 Rumored to Cost More than the Samsung Galaxy S6

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lg-g4-launch1-600x3931.png

If the latest rumint is true, there might be some irritated LG fans later on this year. Supposedly, the new G4 flagship from LG will cost more than the Samsung Galaxy S6. This would put it in the very expensive category considering the Galaxy S6 is one of the most expensive Android phones ever to hit retail stores.

The word on the street in South Korea is that the device went up for pre-order for a whopping price of $825 at SK Telecom and LG U-Plus. There is a bright bit of news to go with this. An LG rep was supposedly contacted for comment and indicated that the device's retail price has not actually been finalized yet. That means there is still hope that LG will come to their senses and lower the price a bit.

If it stayed at this price, would it keep you from getting the LG G4?

Source: SlashGear

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
If people are buying the phone outright then this will hurt. For those signing contracts it should be around $34 a month with zero down or $26 a month with the typical $199 down.

I don't consider this to be a bad price for a pocket-able computer.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
The S6 sells for almost $800. here in Thailand. $825 is no big deal at least for those countries that do not have subsidized programs.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
As long as I can get it for $300 or under with a new 2 year contract, I really couldn't care less! :p. It's supposed to have an SD, right? If so, I don't mind buying the cheapest model anyways.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I remember reading somewhere that what Samsung is charging for the S6 Edge leaves them with a very slim margin and that is may be the most expensive phones to manufacture, ever. So as Jeffrey points out, $825 isn't so bad if the phone is that good.