LG G4 Might Include a 3K Display and Coming to Verizon; QHD+?

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lg-vs999.jpg

A leaked User Agent Profile seems to suggest that the LG G4 (or some other near-future LG flagship device) will come with an even higher resolution than we have been seeing with the 2K/QHD displays. A device with the model name LG-VS999 showed up in a leaked UAP, and it definitely shows a display with a 3K resolution, specifically, 1620 x 2880 pixels.

The VS in the name suggests this device is likely coming to Verizon since that's the way LG traditionally categorizes their device model names. If this device is the G4 and comes with the same 5.5-inch display, then the pixel density will be an insane 600ppi. Of course, at that size, you would need a magnifying glass to actually tell a difference between this display and any other flagship.

Of course, it would give LG marketing bragging rights... for whatever that's worth to consumers. :rolleyes:

In case this is the LG G4... here's a link to our dedicated section for that device: LG G4 Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Source: LG 8217 s upcoming G4 could have a 3K display

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I say continue to push the limits of mobile computing. People complain that you can't see the difference anyway, but who cares. Give me 8 gigs of memory. Give me 128 gigs of space. Make my screen 2K and higher. Go for it!!!!

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yes, cue the debates about people who insist they can see something that is physically impossible to see.

Fact is, we pay for that R&D. We pay for that added hardware cost. I'd rather see that money go to improving things that need improved, such as the camera and storage (and, YES, people still actually use these things to make calls). Not to mention other innovations.

Unfortunately, my only option to vote with my wallet has typically been to refrain from upgrading.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
But at the same time, you can pay to get a phone that cost $149 new, or a phone that cost $699 new. The one that cost the most, should do the most.

Also, there are manufactures of phones that have the best cameras, and the best batteries or whatever, they just won't and shouldn't share their technology. Vendors need to do what they can. If a vendor can't make a great camera, but can make a fantastic screen, then that's what they are going to do to make money. If their battery sucks, but the phone can charge in 10 minutes, well...

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
But at the same time, you can pay to get a phone that cost $149 new, or a phone that cost $699 new. The one that cost the most, should do the most.

It should do the most that matters. They could tell you it's 3k and without magnifying glass or some other test you wouldn't know. They might as well paint the inside of the case red and tell you it shields you from gamma rays.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Nice to push innovation bad for battery life. Let the battle of the specs continue and please bring the battery life. To be honest unless you have a phablet, scratch that tablet I think 3K is overkill. 3K would look nice in a tablet though but other than Microsoft here and there and Apple the tablet market bores me.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Yes, cue the debates about people who insist they can see something that is physically impossible to see.

It is quite physically possible to see the difference even between a 1080p display and a 2k display. I have my Retina Display Macbook Pro next to my 1080p TV, and there is absolutely a visible difference.