LG G4 High-End Specs Leaked; Reveals a Disturbing Trend

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I didn't even know that they still have limited talk time plans out there! You learn something new everyday.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
You just have to face the fact that the majority of people anymore don't want a phone that small. You can have something 5+" and be completely comfortable in the hand

I disagree that my 5.2" Turbo is comfortable in the hand. I think 4.7", maybe 5" with less bezel, is the ideal size to facilitate comfortable one-handed use.

The sales of 5"+ models is somewhat self-fulfilling because there are no high-end Android phones smaller than that - I was hoping the X would bump the specs and keep the same dimensions, but unfortunately I had to settle for the Turbo.

The smaller IPhone 6 (4.7") is outselling the larger one (5.5") by about 3 or 4 to 1. So I'd say plenty of people still prefer a more reasonable sized phone. Who knows how a 5.2" model would have faired, but saying the "majority" of people prefer 5"+ phones would appear to be a dubious proposition.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There are weeks that my phone doesn't ring at all & I make no calls.

It has shocked me to have it ring before.

Ah! Wtf is that!? Oh. Hello?

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk
When I was on Verizon,5 lines, there were entire months where we used under 10 total minutes as a family. Our lowest was 2 minutes and I asked my oldest daughter why she used so many that month. She didn't get the humor attempt, thought I was really fussing at her.
AT&T doesn't even bother to show my used minutes on my bill break down, only shows data and texts.

B o t , the G2 screen size to case ratio gives a very nice in hand feel while giving a phablet sized screen. The G3 crept JUST above that sweet spot for me so I'll bet the G4 will return to that regular phone sized feel in hand.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I would like to see the next LG with a bit larger screen and the once rumored stylus...

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I personally can't see the use of a huge screen without a stylus. I use mine everyday, all day.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just my 2 cents.

People want more for their money, and I think they see the larger screen as getting more for the same subsidized price they would pay for a smaller screen.

Also, one day 5.2 inch screens will be considered too small, for whatever reason people decide to give.

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
Here's my actual usage for the month, and my billing cycle doesn't end until the 22nd. So I guess I'm an extreme opposite to you guys.

In fact my monthly plan is 1400 minutes but I got the warnings and so I had to pump my coverage up to 2000 minutes for this month just so I wouldn't go over. It's only $10 more for the 2000 minute plan, but if you go over they charge you some crazy rate per minute once you exceed your plan allotment so it makes more sense to just pay the extra $10 up front and move the plan up to the next allotment. It's done retroactive so it covers me from December 23rd forward.

40f68b7843a7b2a1615b0615b0be2cef.jpg

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.

Me and you are a little opposite =D

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-16-15-46-09_1.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-16-15-46-09_1.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 164

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Just my 2 cents.

People want more for their money, and I think they see the larger screen as getting more for the same subsidized price they would pay for a smaller screen.

Also, one day 5.2 inch screens will be considered too small, for whatever reason people decide to give.
For me, it wasn't even a money issue. I consume a lot of media on my phone & was using the s4 to remote into my PC at work.

Instead of squinting, I see things clearly now.

If I had small hands or skinny jeans, I wouldn't have picked up the note. I would've dealt.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
So now.... We're going to have cookie cutter devices??? But at the same time.. At least the cookie is the latest greatest cookie.. Though the g4 will be a tad dated.. But.. Hey.. Moto has done that a few times lol

creaky

Reaction score
It comes down to other factors besides (or in addition to) internals: screen size, camera quality, software integration, removable battery, SD card slot, hacker friendliness.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
For me, it wasn't even a money issue. I consume a lot of media on my phone & was using the s4 to remote into my PC at work.

Instead of squinting, I see things clearly now.

If I had small hands or skinny jeans, I wouldn't have picked up the note. I would've dealt.

Did you say skinny jeans?? :blink:

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised the rumors are saying 5.2". I don't recall seeing a manufacturer going smaller previously.

I have an S5, and I am purchasing a Note4 next week because I just can't stop thinking about it. I thought the S5 was too large for my small hands, coming from the Droid Maxx, but I've adapted to it quickly (had it since August). I think the Note will take a little more getting used to, but I really want those capabilities of that series. I've drooled over each version since the 2.

As far as usage goes, I never used to use many minutes. I'd be lucky to see even 25, including nights or vzw-to-vzw. Since becoming a kiosk manager a year ago, my usage for minutes have increased because of my reps getting a hold of me. A note about my data, I am not using wifi at all this month, to see how close I get to my plan allowance with my 'average' usage

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-16-23-33-22.png
    Screenshot_2015-01-16-23-33-22.png
    224.5 KB · Views: 151
Last edited: