Solved LG G4 can't uninstall app SMS Forwarder

rustydog

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 9
I install app on my Note 3 and LG G4 intending to forward SMS messages sent to my powered off Note 3 to the LG G4. after about 15 minutes I realized that it won't work that way. Uninstalling SMS Forwarder on the Note 3, worked as it should, but on the LG G4 it hangs with a full screen of the SMS Forwarder logo. I have tried at least 4 different uninstaller apps with the same result. Also brought the phone up in Safe Mode, same result.
I cleared data and cache, scanned memory looking for the Forwarder app, nothing found. This app runs in startup.How do I find and modify app startup?? Talked with folks in the AT&T sales store but everything tried did not change my problem.
Any Ideas other than restore??

Ken

Last edited:
OP
R

rustydog

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 9
Also emailed the developer, he said he said the app doesn't have such a screen, I does it is the apps logo. I emailed the hanging screen shot of his logo.
He also said it appears to be a problem with my phone. My phone works with any other app.

OP
R

rustydog

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 9
I talked with AT&T tech support, multiple other users are having problems uninstalling this app. The developer blew them off also with, it is a problem with your phone. Do NOT install this app as it may not be uninstallable without a total reset to factory.

OP
R

rustydog

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 9
Talked with LG tech support, no help what so ever. They managed to hangup after 20 minutes.
Went into Google play to post comments about this app when I noticed uninstall as a option. I hit google play uninstall, it uninstall in a couple of seconds. The app is gone.