LG G4 Battery Life Issues

becksterpas25

Reaction score
The battery life on my G4 is very hit or miss. Are there certain apps I should disable to help with this? Is there a recommended task/app killer? I've heard differing opinions about whether a task/app killer should be used.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
App killers are not typically all that much help. The battery life on the G4 hasn't proven to be all that great but I have mine under control. Nothing is automatically pulling or pushing anything. At idle, asleep with location services and WiFi on it loses 2-3% every 12 hours. In operation under my conditions and configuration I can go all day and still have 20-30% battery remaining but no 2 people use their phone the same.

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I am getting 6-9 hours on my g4 im underwhelmed and want the mophie ir an extended battery . biggest drain is the screen on says battery usage. You can set the brightness to auto and it dims and saves battery a bit but is harder to see stuff. Tried the task killers which didnt help battery but are good for ending hung apps

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Just an FYI....putting the device on "auto", as opposed to simply lowering the brightness yourself, will make a significant difference in overall battery life. When you set your screen to auto, it's constantly adjusting the brightness depending on room & lighting conditions, shadows, clouds etc. Even if it doesn't appear to be changing all that much, it really is, and that will put unnecessary drain on your battery.
Best practice has always been keeping the "auto" box unchecked and manually making the adjustment yourself. Try to keep it as low as is comfortably possible, and raise it "as needed". Give that a try for a couple weeks and report back.

S5 tap'n

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
The QHD screen sucks battery for breakfast. Turn off auto brightness and reduce to the lowest tolerable brightness manually. It's a snap to increase it if and when needed through the pulldown menu.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I used to use auto bright toggles on my older phones. I'd set to a lower indoor setting but when stepping into brighter light situations I'd just tap the toggle and auto would take over, tap again when returning to normal situations. My favorite was called simply Auto Bright, by Geekyouup, because it was a yellow lightbulb icon that I could see even when stepping directly into direct sunlight.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Last edited: