LG G4 Annihilates The Galaxy Note 5 In Speed Test!

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
JoD is awesome :), right back to the iPhone next month if I dislike.

I was never a fan of leasing, but man does jod make it easy lol.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

I have the 6 Plus, but it is sitting in its box right now unused. I might trade it in for the G4 to see what LG is all about. I've been holding it back for whenever a family member needs a backup phone.

I think I prefer the idea of leasing seeing as how you have the option to keep the phone if you pay it off or just turn it in for another one when you see something that interests you. No hassle of selling the phone either when you get a new one.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If it makes you feel better the G4 has been used for a month and has lots of apps installed. The note 5 was unboxed the day of the video and I installed facebook, twitter, and angry birds for the video. The LG G4 still won. 0.0

There is no question that touchwiz has problems, i mean in general i'm against any company adding their own touch to custom uis. It should always be an option that people can download, not forced upon them. It should come as stock as possible. I've never had any issues with LG as a company, most of their phones have been pretty good. But i'm not so sure this is just the Touchwiz vs not touchwiz, this appears even more so about memory management. Where LG could be keeping things running in the background taking up resources in case you want to open them again versus samsung that is closing them quicker to free up those resources.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
EVERY device, aside from Nexus, forces their own UI on you. (Yes, even LG) we simply take the good with bad. Many folks enjoy TW, and it shows in Samsung's marketshare. (Even though it's been down lately) Hopefully you're not basing your decision to buy this device off this one, test. But that's just me.

Last edited:

RyanPm40

Reaction score
But at the end of the day how's your battery holding up? If closing things out makes the battery last a full day instead of going dead during the day then the tortuous/rabbit analogy is skewed because the finish line (phone dies) is different. Take away the tortuous nap (plug in) and it doesn't even make the finish line much less win for power users such as us. I'll take a 1/8 second lag over a 1 hour plug in any day.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4
My LG G4 lasts a day and a half, so I have no complaints with how it manages its apps ;P

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I must be doing something wrong because my Note4 doesn't close out apps back to their starting point except for Tapatalk . That's the only one I've got that doesn't pick right up where it left off when I open them back up.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My LG G4 lasts a day and a half, so I have no complaints with how it manages its apps ;P
What's your screen on time? I'm at 7+ hours between charges with bright on auto. I'm not familiar at all with the sot of the G4 is why I ask.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
What's your screen on time? I'm at 7+ hours between charges with bright on auto. I'm not familiar at all with the sot of the G4 is why I ask.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

I was wondering the same thing. I use my OG Note as a media player and it is on day 5 now. It has virtually no on-screen time though...just 1hr12mins.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing. I use my OG Note as a media player and it is on day 5 now. It has virtually no on-screen time though...just 1hr12mins.
My Inc lasts about 10 days between charges as a music player only also. I use an app called Network, to turn the cellular radios off yet leave Bluetooth and Wi-Fi toggle capable.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
b671fb9ab5cc6c151c0af415638c02d3.jpg

634ff40504d94c4973eba65545e3437b.jpg

This was the most I've gotten out of the phone. I'm currently sitting at 51% battery on 20hrs, with a little over 1hr30min sot

Sent from my Verizon G4

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

This was the most I've gotten out of the phone. I'm currently sitting at 51% battery on 20hrs, with a little over 1hr30min sot

Sent from my Verizon G4
That ain't bad at all imo. That's about what my G2 does and my old HTC phones did with extended batteries onboard.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Well I Bought the Note 5 last night. I caved in on the Best Buy $200 Gift Card and Free Charger. I will Miss the Battery Life my Droid Turbo Has but I missed the Note since my Note 2 that is now my 2yrs old WiFi Phablet. I like it so far but like i mentioned before the true test is an even playing field and it can only be done with the same Vanilla Rom. TouchWiz, Blur, Sense, Etc all work and make the phone behave differently at least from my own experience. Wait for Root and we shall set them all Free!

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model

Sent from my Verizon G4

Doesn't that say 5h55mins of sot? Or am I reading it wrong?

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Doesn't that say 5h55mins of sot? Or am I reading it wrong?
That's what I'm reading with her first test. I believe it was her second test where she was at 20/1+hr sot with 51% left.
Not bad considering the UHD screen & smaller battery. Say what you will about Samsung & TouchWiz, but this is one company that consistently improves year after year. On top of the fact that they're not only slimming down the TouchWiz UI, but optimizing it's devices to provide maximum battery life.
Truly a Win/Win!
I think we can all agree though that Samsung needs to ditch this whole "slim is in" mantra, and continue making larger batteries. With it being 2015 and the way everything else has advanced, we should easily be seeing 12 hours of SOT from a 3800-4000 mAh battery, without really sacrificing much more in overall thickness.
As for me, I'm looking forward to a truly amazing S7 this Spring.