LG G3 Verizon Variant - RAM & Storage?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Restrict them? The only thing I can't do is delete something from the SD Card using an off the shelf explorer app. I have to plug in the phone to a computer to delete items off the SD Card, because there is no stock explorer app on the M8. Other than that, the SD Card works fine on my M8 and KK. What are you talking about?

http://m.androidcentral.com/kitkat-sdcard-changes

Sent from my DE Moto X

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Restrict them? The only thing I can't do is delete something from the SD Card using an off the shelf explorer app. I have to plug in the phone to a computer to delete items off the SD Card, because there is no stock explorer app on the M8. Other than that, the SD Card works fine on my M8 and KK. What are you talking about?

Are you saying that Apps are writing to your SD card?

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
I don't use any 3rd party apps that write to the SD Card, so I can neither conform, nor deny this. I put movies, videos, music on my SD Card using my computer, then 3 party apps access the SD Card and use what's on it. SO, third party apps can access the information, just not change it. My camera on the other hand (which I know is not 3rd party) does write to it and my photos are still stored on it. I'm just saying it's not as bad as some believe. My 2 cents. I haven't seen any impact other than I tried to delete a movie I watched and couldn't. lol

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
So, yes and no. 3rd party apps I installed? No. Apps that came with the phone? Yes I haven't tried any GAPs yet. I wonder if they'll write to the card...

KaChow

Reaction score

I can. But keep in mind the custom KK Rom (JasmineROM) that I am using has had the SD card fixed. There are 3rd party apps that you can use that are designed to mount the SD card so that it works with Kit Kat like FolderMount that can be downloaded from the Playstore.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
But it still hold true that stock KK does not allow apps to write to the SD.. Correct?

mslaceyrose

Reaction score
Just read through that again and wow! I never realized just how much of a security risk the old way really was! If an app had permission to acess the SD card, it could read or write to ANY folder, even system created folders like DCIM, and even things like your mobile banking folder, and change things? Yeesh!
But it still hold true that stock KK does not allow apps to write to the SD.. Correct?
If I understand it correctly, apps can write to their *own* folder on an SD card, and must now put ALL of their files there, instead of being able to put them here and there on the card?

SwiftKeyed & sent via Tapatalk