LG G3 Verizon Variant - RAM & Storage?

Murphy5150

Reaction score
It seems the G3 is coming two ways; one with a watered down 16GB storage capacity and 2GM RAM. Then there is the more attractive 32GB memory model with 3GB RAM. Any news on which model Verizon will be going with? The S4 I use now eats up 16GB quickly, and the RAM bump is also enticing. Any shared knowledge would be appreciated!

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Welcome to the Forum.

I haven't seen any VZW announcement yet. I am going with the 32G when available.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I am hoping for the 32 gb as well but at least we will have SD card storage as well.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Welcome to the forum.. I wouldn't get the lower version.. 32gb should be standard IMO..

Knock knock G2

mslaceyrose

Reaction score
I like to go with the largest on-board storage I can get, but if the device has an external SD, I'll sometimes settle for lower internal memory. In this case, however, I'd definitely go for the 32 gb model because of the extra RAM.

SwiftKeyed via Tapatalk

OP
M

Murphy5150

Reaction score
Cost is irrelevant since I'm stuck with it for two years. 32GB storage, 3GB RAM will be my purchase. If Verizon for whatever reason decides to offer only the 16GB version, I'll just buy a G2.

KaChow

Reaction score
I know it is still early in the game here and there has not been much shared as to which carriers are getting what versions or anything. But, there was been some talk between Sprint and T-Mobile. It still is hard to say where Verizon and AT&T are going to fall, but much has been said for T-mobile in receiving the 3/32 version read about it here, which most likely given Verizon and AT&T's history the 3/32 would be up their avenue as well. The only carrier currently being considered for the 2/16 is Sprint and you can read about that here. There certainly is some other interesting information on these 2 versions of the devices, which I'm still waiting for further clarification before mentioning them, but I think it is pretty much safe to say here that, if you're hoping for a 3/32 then you can expect to see it on Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile at this point. You may even get both 2/16 & 3/32 from Verizon and AT&T, which is an option that seems not to currently explored by either T-Mobile or Sprint or SprinT.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
3/32, 2/16. It's got an sd card slot, so I'm good either way. My problem is that

I WANT IT NOW! GIMME GIMME GIMME

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Patience, patience, patience....

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Doesn't KK restrict access to SD cards anyway? I'm confused.

Sent from my DE Moto X

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Restrict them? The only thing I can't do is delete something from the SD Card using an off the shelf explorer app. I have to plug in the phone to a computer to delete items off the SD Card, because there is no stock explorer app on the M8. Other than that, the SD Card works fine on my M8 and KK. What are you talking about?