LG G3 Verizon Preorders

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
Your right it's at the store also but on a rebate. I'd rather have my instant rebate online and just wait a couple of days for the phone. Thought I would clear it up for you.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
The only stupid thing is that my upgrade on the verizon website says i wont be able to upgrade till 2016. So pretty much i cant use my upgrade pricing until my cancellation goes through and they put my original upgrade date back into effect.

Ugh, this sucks...i'll just wait till tonight to get the phone and ill call Verizon and let them know to re-charge me.

If it comes tonight I doubt you will need to call them to charge you. VZW isn't great at cancelling orders..

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
I just got email telling me my preorder at best buy is delayed. Guess i not playing with a G3 this weekend.

We're sorry, but your recent order is taking longer than expected. We expect the item below to be available for pick up within 30 days. We'll send you another email once we've received your shipment and your item is ready for pick up.

If that's okay with you, and you accept the delay and new delivery estimate, you don't have to do anything. Once your order is ready for store pick up, we'll send you an email.

If you prefer, you can cancel this order at any time. To do so, please call us at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289. We'll sort it out quickly, especially if you have your order number handy.

Once again, we are sorry for the delay. Thanks for your patience.

Sincerely,

Karalyn Sartor
Vice President Customer Care

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Yeah, very frustrated right now.

So the package wasn't delivered it was intercepted during shipment and is being returned to Verizon.

Here's the fun part...

So I originally did not want to get the phone on Monday or Tuesday, which is why i canceled my order. So now when i call Verizon they said they cant change back my upgrade date till they receive the phone. The phone has an estimated arrival time back at the warehouse at 7/22 which is ....TUESDAY!!!

GREAAAAAAAAT, spoke with a CSR, and a Supervisor and no body is able to do anything....what a load crap this turned out to be.

They really need to give their CSR more information, because the Supervisor looked into my order and it was canceled at 1:40pm and the package and tracking number was generated at 1:48pm. Why didn't the CSR know what the status of the order was? The supervisor said it was being boxed and ready for shipment by 12pm yesterday. If the CSR had known that, i would have never canceled and if the CSR would have known that it was being shipped out overnight I would not be in this situation.

Argrghhh....Frustrated isnt the word for how i am feeling right now, this is just ridiculous!
Geez that sucks! So, if you hadn't cancelled you would have gotten it anyway. But you cancelled because you didn't want to wait until next week, now you have to wait. All because the VZW Lady was stupid. Sorry man. That sucks!!!

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
No BB's in your area with them?
Lazy, didn't check. I used best buy reward $ for the phone. Not that impatient, just sucks. The order was only for pick-up at a store. Shipped was not available when I pre-ordered online.

UPDATE2: Just got the store pickup confirmation.

UPDATE:
Just got this email.

We're sorry, but the store pickup date for the item below has changed. It will be ready for pickup on July, 18 at the ACWORTH GA Best Buy store. Be assured, we will send you another e-mail once the item has arrived and is ready.

If you have any questions about this order or need any further assistance please contact us at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289).

Once again, we're sorry for this inconvenience, and we'll be back in touch with you soon.

Sincerely,

Karalyn Sartor
Vice President Customer Care

Last edited:

mgrande

Reaction score
I just got email telling me my preorder at best buy is delayed. Guess i not playing with a G3 this weekend.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
I had the same thing happen to me. Guess best buy had an issue with shipping. I got impatient and just went to Verizon. Loving the phone so far! My cases need to get here soon though, this thing is slippery as hell! Think it may be coated in dish soap.

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
Any one have experience with keeping Unlimited with this phone?

I ordered it using my son's line and his upgrade. I plan on letting BB activating his line with the G3, then when we get home, swap his DNA back to his line and then putting my sim from my GS3 into the G3 (hopefully preserviing unlimited data on my line).

Is there a time I should wait after the first activation?

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Any one have experience with keeping Unlimited with this phone?

I ordered it using my son's line and his upgrade. I plan on letting BB activating his line with the G3, then when we get home, swap his DNA back to his line and then putting my sim from my GS3 into the G3 (hopefully preserviing unlimited data on my line).

Is there a time I should wait after the first activation?
Nope. Just let them activate it, because it won't go away on your account if they don't. Then switch the SIM cards. If your son's phone doesn't have data, just remove the data plan.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Ordered mine earlier today.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
HTC says it plans to release an Android 4.4.3 KitKat OTA update for One M8 devices this week, though we don’t know what day specifically.

It's coming :)

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
Just got mine today. Battery life is okay. Coming from a Droid Maxx. But the screen is great. Runs smoother than my Droid Maxx. I'm loving this phone. It was a great choice for me.