LG G3 Update To Lollipop and Keep Root

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

The bump method allows LG G3 users to have a full custom recovery which also gives the user of the device the ability to root it. The Bump method has not been updated for Lollipop yet, but there is a way to update your LG G3 to Lollipop and maintain your root, bump, and recovery. To get started you will need to already be rooted, you will need to be running KitKat, and you must already have a bumped recovery. You must backup efs partitions. Download your Lollipop full firmware in KDZ format, download the LG KDZ and TOT extractor tool, and disable OS OTA update via settings.

Once the above is complete you will need to simply Extract, Transfer, and Flash. This method is not for the faint of heart. The method poster "topet2k12001" even suggest that you get plenty of sleep before attempting this, and says that it requires lots of patience. The full guide and all necessary download links are linked below. The guide is specifically for the D858HK variant, but may work on other variants. Read carefully and don't skip any steps.

via XDA

Valvoline

Reaction score
quite the write up, holy cow. But, err.... yeah, i'll wait....

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have the KK G3 ROM on my G2. Amazing.