LG G3 Specs Leaked; 2K Display, Octa-core CPU, 16MP Camera & More

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lg-logo-black-back-purple-glow.png

2013 was the year that high-end mobile tech really stepped into the mainstream. Devices are starting to reach a saturation point in which their top-tier specs resemble each other to such a great degree it is hard to distinguish between different models and brands. That doesn't mean the OEMs aren't going to keep trying though. In fact, 2014 looks to take that higher-end tech and push farther than ever before. We've already seen hints of several ultra-powerful devices coming to light from multiple manufacturers.

Today a leak from LG teases their up-coming newest arena combatant. According to “unidentified industry sources,” the LG G3 is coming and here are its supposedly leaked specs:

• 2,560 x 1,440 IPS LCD display (probably 5.5 inches)
  • A new 2.2GHz LG-designed "Odin" big.Little octa-core processor (apparently, 8 is the new black)
  • 16MP rear camera with optical image stabilization
As you can see, Oppo isn't the only phone maker looking to step things up in the display and processor department. LG is kicking things up a notch too.

LG has struggled to put any pressure on the juggernauts of Samsung and Apple, but perhaps 2014 could be their break-out year. Specs alone won't make that happen though. It will take some uniquely defined and useable features along with enhanced/improved marketing savvy to make any dent in the virtual duopoly of "Sample/Appsung."

More than likely LG will have something official to share regarding this device at Mobile World Congress in February 2014.

Source: TalkAndroid

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hint: This phone will not look good in a belt holder.

blacksoxing

Reaction score
.....Battery life > 8 cores

I hope LG understands that concept. Folks are getting tired of having to live nearby their chargers more than the DPI of their phones...

Big Ry

Reaction score
.....Battery life > 8 cores

I hope LG understands that concept. Folks are getting tired of having to live nearby their chargers more than the DPI of their phones...

I charge my G2 every other day...I think LGs got it under control

Tapped from my G2

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If they take cues from the G2, the battery life will be nothing to worry about.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
LG needs to focus on updating their devices, once they start getting up to speed on that front, they will start selling more devices. As a current "and happy" owner of the LG G Pad 8.3, I believe it is time to get some JB 4.3 at least, I mean 4.4 is already out and their flagship tablet is still on JB 4.2.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
LG needs to focus on updating their devices, once they start getting up to speed on that front, they will start selling more devices. As a current "and happy" owner of the LG G Pad 8.3, I believe it is time to get some JB 4.3 at least, I mean 4.4 is already out and their flagship tablet is still on JB 4.2.

I know that's how we think but I don't know anyone who could even tell me what version of android they are on. In fact, no one would even know where to look. I asked my buddy with an S4 the other day if he got 4.3 and how it's working? He said "I dont know, something happened"!