LG G3 Experience

jtcsifl

Reaction score
I took the leap last weekend and bought a G3 after having tried Motorola, HTC & most recently the S4. I had read really good reviews about the G3. Also read that it was selling really well too & that the S5 though a great device wasn't near meeting Samsungs sales expectations. I really like the G3 so far. The puzzling thing is that there's hardly any owners posting on this forum. I'm hoping that's because there aren't many complaints as people usually are willing to post when they don't like something vs. a good experience.

I remember when the S4 came out (I got it the week it came to VZW) there were tons of posts about it. Just my $.02 :).

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
My roommate just got one last week on AT&T.

He had a Galaxy S4, which he dropped in the shower. His warranty was up, so he did an AT&T Next upgrade. So far, he loves it. I have played with it a bit, and besides barely being a tablet, the phone is just awesome.

I don't get much play time with it, but it can be rooted, which means he can use some useful apps like TiBu etc.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Although wireless charging is not important to me ..I hate the fact these carriers change stuff on their versions ...AT&T does not have the same wireless charging as all others and they removed the sliders from the drop down notification area...

M8 tap'd

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
That is the trouble with carrier branded devices. So far, in my experience, the Moto X (and maybe the HTC First) are the closest to stock as you can go with carrier branded phones.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Exactly why I'm going with an unlocked device next time around, now that I have the freedom to.

Caesars

Reaction score
I'm thinking about trying one of things qi charging stickers (inside the backplate), i wasn't a believer, but one of my co-workers swears by it.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I have had my VZW G3 since release and I am super pleased with the device - it is rooted and I have xPosed installed just for a few custom tweaks but this phone is mainly running stock and I am satisfied.

jfriend33

Reaction score
Why can't we have more manufacturers catering to those on verizon who want unlocked bootloaders, and extra features?

Tonik

Reaction score
Why can't we have more manufacturers catering to those on verizon who want unlocked bootloaders, and extra features?
Because VZ will not allow it. Really, that issue is all on VZ. Must all phones are unlockable on T Mobile because T Mobile supports there modding community.

jfriend33

Reaction score
Because VZ will not allow it. Really, that issue is all on VZ. Must all phones are unlockable on T Mobile because T Mobile supports there modding community.
Why can't a person or manufacturer just make equipment compatible with Verizon. I think it's unfortunate. Especially since most verizon phones work on other carriers

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Actually Verizon phones "don't" work on most other carriers because Verizon is CDMA and most other carriers are GSM based.

tap'n on my S5

JDH

Reaction score
Two carriers for CDMA and two for gsm in the USA.

Tonik

Reaction score
Why can't a person or manufacturer just make equipment compatible with Verizon. I think it's unfortunate. Especially since most verizon phones work on other carriers
Because it won't work until Verizon authorizes it....until Verizon activates it on their network. It may be compatible but until VZ ties the imei number from the phone to their network and your phone number it won't work.