LG G2 didn't update to lollipop

Big Ry

Reaction score
From what I understand, Verizon has released the lollipop update for the G2. I saw an article from March 31st saying it has begun rolling out. I got a notification of a software update this morning. I ran the update, and it's still on 4.4.2. What gives? See screenshot for software version.
uploadfromtaptalk1427982596186.png

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Do you happen to know what software version you were on prior to the update? If you were on 26A then the phone would have updated to 28A which was released just before Lollipop (39A). Check again for another update, the next one should be Lollipop

on the move..

OP
Big Ry

Big Ry

Reaction score
Checked for system updates three times. Third try, lollipop came in lol apparently persistence is key. I'm assuming this is lollipop at least...

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Fantastic. Keep us posted on the battery life after a few days. I've heard it's not the greatest but this was before people had a chance to let it settle in.

on the move..

OP
Big Ry

Big Ry

Reaction score
Well it started off great. I charged it to full at work. Then I was periodically texting, checking the time, and deleting emails. It stayed at 100% for quite a while. Then I left work, used Bluetooth Google music for my commute home ~15min, and facebooked and watched a ~10min YouTube when I got home. Now I'm at 82% >:-|
uploadfromtaptalk1428012082283.png

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would give it a few days to settle in. If battery drain is still bad you may think about moving back to 28A/KK. I haven't stayed on Lollipop long enough to judge myself. I've been waiting to see how things settle in for others.

on the move..

OP
Big Ry

Big Ry

Reaction score
Well in its defense, I was having pretty terrible battery life before on 4.4. Android system seems to be using a lot. I been meaning to wipe it, but I still haven't backed up everything on the device. This is also a refurbished device that I've had over a year, so the battery probably deteriorated as well. I was going to swap it again if a wipe doesn't help, because I'm having other problems like people not being able to understand me on the phone, GPS being pretty inaccurate (despite being set for high accuracy), and intermittent freezing and reboots

OP
Big Ry

Big Ry

Reaction score
Well I ended up getting ~1/2" wide band at the top of the touchscreen that became completely unresponsive. That was the last straw, so I swapped it for yet another G2. By the way, that was the same reason I swapped my original G2... Clearly a common problem. After receiving this new one, I immediately upgraded (again, first to 4.4.2, then the second update came in for 5.0.2). After the update, I factory reset again to make certain it was fresh. Then I proceeded to setup the device. I've had it for 2 days now and the battery life still blows... It's really freaking bad. I took it off the charger at 6am and 100% this morning. It's 7:45am and I'm at 69%!!! I watched a couple videos and facebooked while taking a crap this morning, but pretty much didn't use it other than that. This is horse ****!