LG G2 - Antutu Benchmark

Astrix

Reaction score
Just to have some fun with G2 benchmark ;)

nygu2yna.jpg

TapaTalking from Republic™Of Android

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1382843848043.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382843848043.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 14,703
OP
Astrix

Astrix

Reaction score
Easy on my Sammy bashing ...hehe

G2 is solid ...

Here's my N3 coming to the showdown Lol

Only 500+ more only? Lol :p
Cos of the extra 1Gb ram..haha

And sorry dude. I'm running official untouched stock. :D

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Only 500+ more only? Lol :p
Cos of the extra 1Gb ram..haha

And sorry dude. I'm running official untouched stock. :D

HAHA...I'm on official stock as well....no tweaks ....but I think the extra RAM should kick in while multi tasking...

I know these test supposed to test for it right?

We got some great phones...They can't touch us !!

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Cheers Steve :beer::beer::beer:

Felix will be jealous of our G2 :p

Lol....sori Felix :D

Haha ...you have almost all I would want in a phone ...minus my spen. ..and storage ...

buna5y3a.jpg

N3 tapa

NewAge

XOOM Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Try playing a game for an hour then run benchmark. There is some throttling going on. I've gotten as low as 21k on Antuntu after gaming but get 33k cold on AICP with custom kernel @2.5ghz.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Try playing a game for an hour then run benchmark. There is some throttling going on. I've gotten as low as 21k on Antuntu after gaming but get 33k cold on AICP with custom kernel @2.5ghz.

I tried some stress testing and battery killing the other day. Ran the Antutu stability test while streaming Pandora. The Maxx still gave the same results but the G2 dropped down to the scores of the S3. Then ran Quadrant and scores were down around 9k. Weird.

NewAge

XOOM Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Before flashing to CyanogenMod Monthly Snapshot, I have several Linpack scores over 1050 and some in top 50. Icestorm Unlimited in 3DMark was 17648. Antutu scores like 36k± (maybe 38k..lost screenshots.. Saying media not found for some reason.. I'll try to fix and add em). Now all my scores dropped. I get 400-500 in Linpack. 10k± on Icestorm Unlimited. All scores dropped (mainly due to 3d performance which is odd as Dead Trigger 2 with Tegra 4 mod runs flawlessly with no framerate drops and performance seems to have improved). I like to benchmark when making changes to my device and would love to know what's going on...

1.) Samsung, LG probably HTC have been known to tweak the OS to cheat benchmarks. CM, AOSP not so much.
2.) Make sure frequency is set to stock. Some ROMs ship with lowered frequencies.
3.) If its just 3D it could be lack of development (CM kernel) optimizations with the Adreno 330. Its still new givem a chasnce! But if your games are running good who cares !?

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
Sorry, it is was hard to type after adding the screenshots. Yeah I know Samsung is known to turn in performance mode in their benchmarks lol, but this concerns LG. That was also on 4.2,..CyanogenMod is running 4.3 and supports OpenGL 3.0 so I'm agreeing that the drivers aren't fully optimized. Good news is that the system seems just as fast if not faster and has no problem chewing through Tegra 4 optimized games. I thought the high quality graphics looked great on Dead Trigger 2,..man the Tegra 4 quality is amazing. Thanks for the input. I remember having this issue back in the OG DROID days as well.

Edit: And oh yeah, the first thing I checked was frequencies. Can't wait for more advanced kernels to come out. But at least I can disable the aggressive temperature throttling thst LG has. I see reviews which give low benchmarks on the G2 and wanted to prove them wrong. Thst IceStorm unlimited score is well above the average it seems for the G2 and matches the "cheated" Note 3 scores almost. Reviews also said the G2 scored around 500 in LinPack hence the shots there. Those aren't flukes but what I used to average. I think we've narrowed it down to the optimizations thst need to be done on CyanogenMod.