LG G Watch R Sales Will Supposedly Begin in UK Tomorrow (Oct. 24)

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lg-g-watch-r-2.jpg

The latest intel suggests that the LG G Watch R will actually be hitting retail shelves as early as tomorrow (October 23rd), at least in the UK. This info was leaked by the UK retailer Clove. They also shared that pre-orders will begin to ship Monday, October 27th.

The LG G Watch R is the round faced version of the LG G Watch (as you can see in the pic above). It shows that LG is listening to consumers across the web when they bemoaned the vanilla square-faced devices which hit the market first, and praised the great aesthetic of the Moto 360. Do you think the LG G Watch R could be a competitive product?

Source: Phandroid

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I like the looks of this watch. Might pick one up.

StupidGenius

Reaction score
I'm the exact opposite on this watch. The numbers/hash marks on the outside to me kill it. Makes it look like a super cheap timex you can get at every pharmacy.

I have similar thoughts. In the first teaser video, where they poked fun at the 360's black bar, they made it look like the markers were either backlit or on a second screen. Once I saw they were permanent and the ring doesn't rotate like other sports watches, I was disappointed. So it's either the 360 or Zen for me.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I'm the exact opposite on this watch. The numbers/hash marks on the outside to me kill it. Makes it look like a super cheap timex you can get at every pharmacy.
I have similar thoughts. In the first teaser video, where they poked fun at the 360's black bar, they made it look like the markers were either backlit or on a second screen. Once I saw they were permanent and the ring doesn't rotate like other sports watches, I was disappointed. So it's either the 360 or Zen for me.

I agree that the ring is tacky. You have to remember though, the face is completely graphic, so even the "ring" can be done away with by simply choosing a different face. I could definitely see this watch giving the 360 a run for its money. They did away with the blank area at the bottom which the 360 uses to house its sensors. I wonder, did they do away with the sensors too, or did they somehow incorporate them into the face or the bezel. Should be interesting to know. I'll have to read up on it.

Still, the overall watch design, mirroring a real movement-type watch is a welcome move for the device.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I agree that the ring is tacky. You have to remember though, the face is completely graphic, so even the "ring" can be done away with by simply choosing a different face. I could definitely see this watch giving the 360 a run for its money. They did away with the blank area at the bottom which the 360 uses to house its sensors. I wonder, did they do away with the sensors too, or did they somehow incorporate them into the face or the bezel. Should be interesting to know. I'll have to read up on it.

Still, the overall watch design, mirroring a real movement-type watch is a welcome move for the device.

I actually kinda like that flat part at the bottom. Some watch faces are cut off, but others are done well and design with it in mind use it to their advantage.

StupidGenius

Reaction score
I agree that the ring is tacky. You have to remember though, the face is completely graphic, so even the "ring" can be done away with by simply choosing a different face.

Not entirely sure what you mean here. That ring and numbers are permanent. They cannot change. I wish they did. That would have been very welcome. I would probably have gotten this as a sporty one and the 360 zero bezel watch for work and going out.

Nice thorough review here:

LG G Watch R review Android Central

Last edited: