LG G Watch R Has Been Discontinued

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nexus2cee_lg-g-watch-r-unavailable.png

It looks like the LG G Watch R was discontinued in favor of its newer Urbane sibling. The G Watch R is already out of stock in most (if not all) online retailers and the Google Play Store. There is now a listing on the Google Play Store which says "This product is unavailable in your country." Furthermore, its support page only lists it for the Australian market, even though it used to include Japan and the United States.

LG has apparently responded to an inquiry and indicated that the product is being wound down, and existing stock is being sold with no new production scheduled. Sound off if you are one of the folks out there in the world who own this device, and let us know what you think of it.

Source: Google Play Store

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That was quick.

Was playing with the lg g watch urbane at att and have to say it is a better device and I understand why lg is discontinuing the g watch r. The g watch r was a quick response to the moto 360 but has limited upside and lg is probably looking to no longer support it.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Loving my Urbane. I liked that the R was fully round, but I never got why they put the numbers and tick marks on it. I mean, I'm sure they were trying to make it look kind of sporty, but I feel like they're out of place on a digital watch face and are redundant on many analog faces.

Kinda sad that the device had such a short life, but good to see that LG seems to see the writing on the wall and isn't trying to push a device that isn't up to par with the competition in many people's eyes. That said, I've heard that it's a good device, just, like PC said, a quick response, whereas the Urbane seems a bit more polished and ready for prime time.

Might not be a bad time to get a good price on an R soon though.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Quick, indeed. I never considered the R because of those 'tick' marks. That was a horrible idea.

/edit/ So we are down to just 4 AW watches right now.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Quick, indeed. I never considered the R because of those 'tick' marks. That was a horrible idea.

/edit/ So we are down to just 4 AW watches right now.
When I saw it the casement wreaked of "dollar store" looks, taking totally away from the watch itself.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4