LG G Pro 2 Will Supposedly Include a Smart Listening App & High Powered Speakers

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lg-speakers-generic-mockup.jpg

It's tough to come up with innovative new ideas in smartphones today, but the OEMs are still trying. If the latest rumors prove accurate, LG will be trying some new and unusual features in the LG G Pro 2. News agencies in Korea are reporting that the G Pro 2 will include a 1W speaker, which is far more powerful than what we typically see in a smartphone. On top of that, it should have some form of bass boost, and will also feature a smart listening app which can control the output of the device.

The promise that LG is working toward is making the speaker setup in the G Pro 2 the best sounding and most robust of any smartphone to date. It will be interesting to see if LG can pull off this improved sound. They actually have big shoes to fill, because the dual-front stereo speakers on the HTC One are very impressive.

As an interesting side-note, we also have reports that the display on the G Pro 2 will take up 77% of the front of the device which will greatly reduce the bezel.

Source: ETNews

boidsonly

Reaction score
I am torn between this and the Nexus 5. I'll just have to wait and see what this actually looks like/can do...

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Better speakers interest me only in terms of a speakerphone (and it's more than that to have good quality on the other end).

Otherwise, I really don't get the point. I'd normally listen with a nice pair of BT headphones, but I just don't see the need to watch a lot of video on a smartphone when I have a tablet, a laptop, and especially the 50" flatscreen.

The voice-activated stuff is interesting, but I think Google[Now] plans on leading that chase.

All the different smartphones out there and I STILL can't find one with everything I want. C'mon, there aren't really that many different combinations. It's like there's one very imperfect base configuration out there, and none of the OEM's ever do more than like 1 thing different or added. Every phone most people are like "I like A, I only wish it had B, C and D"

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Well to me...the lg g2 ticks all of the boxes except an unlocked bootloader

I can live with a 4.7" display (since the Moto X has the same l/w dimensions as my Rezound), but I DO NOT like the direction of all the "fully loaded" phones being 5" or bigger.