LG G Flex Shows Up in Pics & Link to Video Too; Also LG Ramps Up Production of G Flex

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
LG-G-Flex-A-1.jpg

Although Samsung beat LG to market with the first flex-tech curved display smartphone, LG is working hard to make up for lost ground. According to the latest reports, LG is already kicking up full production runs of their new G Flex flexible-tech curved display device. In fact, the report claims that LG can actually already churn out several hundred thousand mobile displays per month. This means that when the phone debuts next month, it will be widely available instead of just a boutique prototype like the Samsung Galaxy Round.

LG-G-Flex-A-3.jpg

That's not the only exciting news we have regarding this new device. As you can see above, we also have some leaked pics of the device in the wild. The shots above are just a couple of them, but you can see the rest of them here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...6328-lg-g-flex-shows-up-pics.html#post2482430

We still aren't done yet. We also found a video of the device. Unfortunately we weren't able to import it, but here's a link to check it out: El futuro llegó: así son los teléfonos con pantallas curvas - Telefe Noticias para vos

Source: TheVerge

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
With this, ladies and gentlemen, we are one step closer to...

The BananaPhone.

Big Ry

Reaction score
Wasn't the galaxy nexus slightly curved and everyone hated it?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I don't think anyone hated it for the display (which is just curved glass BTW). I don't even notice the difference on mine. It's such a subtle curvature.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree. I don't think anyone hated it for the curved display. It allowed the device to be a step away from the pack.

jamjr74

Reaction score
I loved the slight curve on the nexus this however is a little to much for my taste.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
The GNex display wasn't curved, the back was.

I don't see any point in curved displays...maybe on a tablet, but not for phones. At least Sammie's might theoretically fit a little better in the pocket.

Also, if you think about dropping these it could reek havoc on the internals because you've reduced the surface area likely to contact in a drop, which will make the resulting force more focused.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I don't see any point in curved displays...maybe on a tablet, but not for phones. At least Sammie's might theoretically fit a little better in the pocket.

Also, if you think about dropping these it could reek havoc on the internals because you've reduced the surface area likely to contact in a drop, which will make the resulting force more focused.

Agreed.
Anything where you might want to expand or reduce (for privacy concerns) the field of view could benefit.
The non flat back with flat screen off the Gnex ruined the ergonomics for me personally.
And yes the energy force would increase, possibly dramatically.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
I'm an "s pen aholic" Noteate

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Wasn't the galaxy nexus slightly curved and everyone hated it?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I loved the g nexus curved display. Plus it was a slight curve which made it even better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Actually the gnex display was curved. I bought a glass screen protector and it would lift right in the middle. Even after several replacements the epoxy was not enough to keep it down.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
[video=youtube;LXefvRqCph4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXefvRqCph4&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]