LG Flex Display. Wow!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Next year will be an amazing year for smartphone tech...flexible screens will make things.....well...shapes...very exotic...I can't wait!!

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
1.Moto-G, Droid-X, 3.Droid 2
Twitter
@AECRADIO
Aside from remoting the displays, I would again,take the main phone and place it in a grip, then place the 'remote' display on the dash, in front of my viewing area, and access to the controls will be available from the driver and no stretching required.
A simple extender cable designed for the display would be fabricated, and then shielded and strengthened with the use of Kapton tape and small diameter wire loom.
The use of flexible screens has distinct mechanical advantages, but this can also lead to premature breakage due to excessive flexing and possible snapping the display due to the fragile nature of the display's design.
I find light weight, combined with flexibility to be a boon, but also a weakness.
With so many people 'butt pocketing' their phones, broken displays will begin to be the norm. When you sit on your phone, the pressure and weight can easily flex the case, impart pressure on the display, cause errant activation of the dialer and ancillary functions due mainly to pressure release and exertion from the motion of standing up and sitting down repeatedly.
Forget change in your pocket, you may break your display from a coin lodged on top, causing fractures.
A plastic display would probably be more forgiving in this matter, but it is also extremely fragile, due to the nature of its design and construction.
You may also not realize that cold weather may also have an adverse effect on such displays, should you drop your phone onto ice, you may shatter the plastic due to mechanical shock.
The display may also become sluggish due to extreme cold temperatures, or may fail to function altogether.
These may some things you may wish to consider when making your choice. Plastic also retains its shape if deformed, creased or bent severely, like a crease in paper, you can never remove the crease, you have to deal with it.