LG Enlighten Still Coming

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
enlight.gif

The LG Enlighten has been out and about without any word from Verizon about a release date, but the latest ads from Verizon keeps the hope alive. The guys at AndroidCentral found an ad in the Paper by Verizon with a "coming soon" under the image of the enlighten. Just a refresher, the phone is a mid-level device with a 3.2-inch screen, four-row keyboard, Android 2.3 and an 800MHz processor.

Via: AndroidCentral

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
Do Not Buy Anything From LG.

be warned. do not buy a phone from LG .
They do not have any idea how to program phones.
they send them out knowing they have serious bugs such as rebooting and freezing.
and they will charge you to get the phone replaced when it was sent out broken in the first place.
and the only way you'll get an update is with force by the carrier or a class action lawsuit as was the case with the G2x.
the only support and or warranty they offer is to send the phone to them and have it repaired and wait for it to come back.
and many came back without the problematic item fixed.
and they are laying off 30% of their mobile department so its not gonna get bettter anytime soon.
not that i think anyone is dying to get this particular phone :)

If you get an lg phone that works 100% OOB your probably fine but if you expect things to be fixed or support forget it.

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
be warned. do not buy a phone from LG .
They do not have any idea how to program phones.
they send them out knowing they have serious bugs such as rebooting and freezing.
and they will charge you to get the phone replaced when it was sent out broken in the first place.
and the only way you'll get an update is with force by the carrier or a class action lawsuit as was the case with the G2x.
the only support and or warranty they offer is to send the phone to them and have it repaired and wait for it to come back.
and many came back without the problematic item fixed.
and they are laying off 30% of their mobile department so its not gonna get bettter anytime soon.
not that i think anyone is dying to get this particular phone :)

If you get an lg phone that works 100% OOB your probably fine but if you expect things to be fixed or support forget it.

My LG Revolution is perfectly fine, not 1 issue, 12-14 hours of battery life. Got a 1 year warranty with it also.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
as i said as long as you dont have any problems with of their phones you should be good. but the g2x was plagued with problems that they knew ahead of time. tmobile even stopped selling it online for 2 months. it still has problems that they continue to ignore. i believe its a combination of tmobile and lg as i said i think verizon pushed them harder to release a fix for problems.
Just a general warning. if you buy their phones and it isnt 100% dont go past your 2 weeks for a promised update. or expect any updates in a timely manner.
I had never heard any problems with lg phones. and i own alot of lg products. which i wont buy again. the support for the g2x which has been problematic since the start, is a joke.
Just giving people a heads up.
the phone came with a rebooting problem that was known on the o2x phone released over 2 months before and it took 3 months to get a fix that broke other things and took away most of the camera features the phone was sold with. and its been silence the entire time. and 2 months after that update nothing.
so just giving a heads up.
Maybe its just the combination of tmobile and the g2x but i wouldnt in good judgement tell anyone to buy a LG phone .

the good was that because it had so many problems i just lowered down my droid and kept it active. So i still have unlimited as soon as verizon gets a phone i am interested in. :)

glad you guys havent had the same experience we have had with lg and the g2x.

oh forgot they also sold the gslate without a locked bootloader than locked it with an update without saying a thing. and many messages on their forum has gone unanswered.

Last edited:

fiasco123

Reaction score
I was lucky and got to fill out the "notify me" form before everyone crashed it and they took it down