LG Enlighten activation

andrewdexter

Reaction score
Hey, sorry if this is in the wrong section wasn't sure, if it is let me know and i can post it in the right section. BUT I work at a cell phone store and put up an lg enlighten on display, and well they decided they would no longer pay to actually activate the phones, and i have been trying for hours now to get past the stupid activation screen on the enlighten, there is no little android guy it starts up and goes to select language then activation so touching the 4 corners doesn't work, and i cant get into recovery mode all that i can get it to do is pop up showing the little android guy out of the box like its factory resetting which well doesn't do me any good. does anyone know how to get past this or is lg just this special?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
That's odd, no option to skip activation...

I'm not familiar with LG as I stay away from this company for personal reasons/experiences, but seems like an LG thing. I've skipped the activation process on my OG Droid with no service and have done so as well with my Incredible.

OP
A

andrewdexter

Reaction score
Yea its really weird, its pointless for me to even have a phone on display if all it says, is press send for activation.
Thank you though!

parin

Reaction score
If you’ve recently purchased a LG Enlighten, but haven’t had a reason to activate it on Verizon’s network, then use this simple set of instructions to bypass that first screen and enjoy it as a wi-fi only device.

1. Press “Volume Up.”
  2. Press “Volume Down.”
  3. Press the “Back” button.
  4. Press the “Search” button.
  5. Enjoy!

rainelo22

Reaction score
If you’ve recently purchased a LG Enlighten, but haven’t had a reason to activate it on Verizon’s network, then use this simple set of instructions to bypass that first screen and enjoy it as a wi-fi only device.

1. Press “Volume Up.”
  2. Press “Volume Down.”
  5. Enjoy!

At what point am i suppose to press those four buttons because at the activation screen where it asks me for a language, it does absolutely nothing.

Jiffyprod

Reaction score
OMG Thank You!!!

I accidentally reset my phone after I cancelled the service and it wouldnt let me get into my ohone without activating. I just wanted an extra device to mess around with but I couldn't do it. But thanks to you now I can!!! :D

davidmizak

Reaction score
can't bypass activation

I did the same thing and reset the Enlighten after it was no longer activate. How exactly did you activate the phone. The process above is not working for me. Thanks

savybones

Reaction score

1. Press “Volume Up.”
  2. Press “Volume Down.”
  5. Enjoy!

Worked for me thanks It's not instant got to wait a few secs as i entered the code about 3 times before it poped to the normal desktop screen then opened google haha just spam the code if it seems to not be working

outlawginger

Reaction score
o my goodness! u guys just saved my husband & I a world of worry trying to get his deactivated LG Enlighten as a wifi only phone. I had to enter the code 3 times but it worked like a charm! Thank u sooo much, Ginger & Mark A.

yoohooboy

Reaction score
HEY THANKS YO! I literally just registered so I could say thanks...a little while ago I followed your method & it WORKED :)

1. Press “Volume Up.”
  2. Press “Volume Down.”
  5. Enjoy!