LG coming out with a Projector Phone : Will there be a Droid Add On For This

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I saw a commercial for this weekend. I can see several of uses for this entertaining the kids, showing presentations at work etc. Anyone this someone will build a small add on for the Droid that will provide this functionality?

»»» LG Projector Phone Unveiled | Artuji

Don't think so. Projector would be hardware related, I don't see Droid having that type of hardware.

OP
D

DroidsRUs

Reaction score
Actually if you look at the phone LG phone the projector is a peripheral not something built into the phone. In this case it would be a hardware/software issue. The hardware would just need to attach to the Droid and be able to receive data from mini usb port. The Droid would just need software that was capable of streaming to the attached hardware.

medicTHREE

Reaction score
NOt a chance. The market for this is so small that the development of such things will be non existent. Until people start saying they MUST have this(which I just can't see) it won't start coming to other phones. Further, the PHONE itself hast be be capable. I doubt the droid has any sort of output that can be manipulated for this.

Sleeve

Reaction score
Given that right now the USB port can do just slightly more than nothing, this would not be in the near future.

Twoo

Reaction score
I wish people would remember that the main purpose of these electronic devices is it's a PHONE.

Tekmazter

Reaction score
Either Engadget or Boy Genious had this on their site last night. It's sold separately from the phone, is not available until at least mid-January and is an additional $179.99 after you buy the phone.

Oh and the phone runs WM6.5. Seeing how Microsoft just delayed WM7 until at least Q4 2010, I pitty the person who buys this thing. 6.5 is a feeble upg from even WM5! And you still need a stylus for some of the menus!

As an avid WM user from way back, I was hoping WM7 would come. What was being promised looked pretty good. As of this month even the IPhone now outnumbers WM users. It's not going to get any easier either now that Android is really establishing itself.

OP
D

DroidsRUs

Reaction score
What would be the most likely is someone builds a small device like this that can be used by any Android phone with a micro usb. It will probably not attach to the phone because of different configurations but would still be cool

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I must admit, I do have a slight case of phone envy over this. Well, phone accessory envy I guess... does not want winmo.

Trever1t

Reaction score
I saw the ad last night and thought it was a direct ploy to take some of the tech customers from Verizon but really, a projector? :)

I use my phone for email and text more than I do voice ;)

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
If it did become available for the Droid, I would pick it up eventually. I don't have to have it, but I sure wouldn't mind.

bots

Reaction score
That thing is huge!!! It looks like another phone piggy-backing the first crappy phone. Maybe if the thing was like 1/4 the size, It might be kind of cool. Maybe not considering the winmo phone that it's attached to. It would be embarrassing whipping that thing out in public. They should have done some more development and reduced the size of that thing before releasing such a hideous tumor of functionless crap. What a joke.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Cool Idea but I doubt it would have the resolution I need for AutoCAD or Navis...

And it's not a :motdroidvert: