1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

LG coming out with a Projector Phone : Will there be a Droid Add On For This

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by DroidsRUs, Dec 16, 2009.

1. DroidsRUs

DroidsRUs New Member

I saw a commercial for this weekend. I can see several of uses for this entertaining the kids, showing presentations at work etc. Anyone this someone will build a small add on for the Droid that will provide this functionality?

»»» LG Projector Phone Unveiled | Artuji
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Don't think so. Projector would be hardware related, I don't see Droid having that type of hardware.
  3. DroidsRUs

DroidsRUs New Member

Actually if you look at the phone LG phone the projector is a peripheral not something built into the phone. In this case it would be a hardware/software issue. The hardware would just need to attach to the Droid and be able to receive data from mini usb port. The Droid would just need software that was capable of streaming to the attached hardware.
  4. medicTHREE

medicTHREE New Member

NOt a chance. The market for this is so small that the development of such things will be non existent. Until people start saying they MUST have this(which I just can't see) it won't start coming to other phones. Further, the PHONE itself hast be be capable. I doubt the droid has any sort of output that can be manipulated for this.
  5. takeshi

takeshi New Member

That's a big "just".
  6. Sleeve

Sleeve New Member

Given that right now the USB port can do just slightly more than nothing, this would not be in the near future.
  7. Twoo

Twoo New Member

I wish people would remember that the main purpose of these electronic devices is it's a PHONE.
  8. Tekmazter

Tekmazter New Member

Either Engadget or Boy Genious had this on their site last night. It's sold separately from the phone, is not available until at least mid-January and is an additional $179.99 after you buy the phone.

Oh and the phone runs WM6.5. Seeing how Microsoft just delayed WM7 until at least Q4 2010, I pitty the person who buys this thing. 6.5 is a feeble upg from even WM5! And you still need a stylus for some of the menus!

As an avid WM user from way back, I was hoping WM7 would come. What was being promised looked pretty good. As of this month even the IPhone now outnumbers WM users. It's not going to get any easier either now that Android is really establishing itself.
  9. DroidsRUs

DroidsRUs New Member

What would be the most likely is someone builds a small device like this that can be used by any Android phone with a micro usb. It will probably not attach to the phone because of different configurations but would still be cool
  10. Jeremy556

Jeremy556 New Member

Phone is somewhere near the bottom of the list for what I use my droid for.
  11. Sam

Sam Premium Member Premium Member

I must admit, I do have a slight case of phone envy over this. Well, phone accessory envy I guess... does not want winmo.
  12. Trever1t

Trever1t New Member

I saw the ad last night and thought it was a direct ploy to take some of the tech customers from Verizon but really, a projector? :)

I use my phone for email and text more than I do voice ;)
  13. JhankG

JhankG New Member

If it did become available for the Droid, I would pick it up eventually. I don't have to have it, but I sure wouldn't mind.
  14. bots

bots New Member

That thing is huge!!! It looks like another phone piggy-backing the first crappy phone. Maybe if the thing was like 1/4 the size, It might be kind of cool. Maybe not considering the winmo phone that it's attached to. It would be embarrassing whipping that thing out in public. They should have done some more development and reduced the size of that thing before releasing such a hideous tumor of functionless crap. What a joke.
  15. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Cool Idea but I doubt it would have the resolution I need for AutoCAD or Navis...

And it's not a :motdroidvert:
  16. boatman2220

boatman2220 New Member

I'd prefer the Droid to interact with PC,TV,and game consoles.
    But he did say "Ta-Da" , I thought it was interesting though.
  17. DroidsRUs

DroidsRUs New Member

18. DarrellM5

DarrellM5 New Member

I'm kind of expecting a rechargeable device that uses bluetooth to come out in the near future. There's no need to build it into the device when a stand alone unit would work for laptops, pda's, ect...

BTW, Nikon has had a digital camera out for awhile now that has a built in projector.
Search tags for this page

is there any projecter phone

projectarphone