LG Ally Total mess up - please help - im begging you

aouate3

Reaction score
Hello forum,

Sorry if I’m not posting this in the right section, but i spent all night trying to get this phone working again and I’ve been mostly unsuccessful. I have a LG ALLY (yea i know its old, but i don’t care, it did what i needed it to do)

It started yesterday, i was running the last OTA update available, rooted with ginger break, rom manager installed, i decided to mess around and try this stupid PS3 jailbreak thing, so i went into clockwork mod recovery and flashed the zip, the flash failed, which was disappointing, so i continued to mess around with it, and then i decided to install a custom rom, So i downloaded Raptor 0.1 and flashed it.

after the flash finished, i rebooted the phone, and it boot-looped, so i tried flashing the stock V8 rom, still boot loop, thinking it was something with the boot loader i decided to try and get the boot loader reflashed, being a novice that has most experience jtaging routers, i thought maybe i could flash the boot loader through clockwork mod recovery. So i downloaded i believe fast boot, installed it, it didn’t help much, but i still had Clockwork mod....

So i copied the stock boot loader files to the SD card, connected the phone, went into clockwork mod, opened a ADB shell, mounted the SD, flashed the boot loader image, which removed clockwork mod, but i still had a boot loop, it went past the LG screen, to the Verizon screen, then the blue indicator light flashed, then the rebooted. So i did more research, downloaded LGNPST, put the phone into boot loader mode (well i think its boot loader mode, don’t quite know what to call it, i held the 5 button while plugging the USB cable in) and LGNPST recognized it as in recovery, so i renamed the VS740ZV6_01.TOT file to VS740ZV6_01.TOT.bin so LGNPST could recognize it, and restored it

The restore finished successfully i thought i was on the right track to fixing it, until i tried to go through the initial setup and realized the touch screen isn’t working, I’m thinking it’s not loading the modules, but here is what gets me, When i turn it off, and hold down the proper buttons to hard reset it, it goes to the right screen, then 3 seconds later reboots, and it takes the same exact amount of time to boot as before the hard reset attempt, so i don’t think it is resetting.

So, From what i can tell, This LG ALLY needs a new boot loader... due to the hard reset not working, also i guess i should mention, when it’s in boot loader mode, it disconnects and reconnects to USB every like 10 - 15 seconds, I’m not sure if that’s normal, but i thought i might as well mention it.

The one thing i do know, is the MEID is probably gone, which i don’t care about because i used this phone with Google Voice over WIFI only, didn’t have service and didn’t need it.

Please help, I really need this phone working, i have been using my Archos 101 tablet as my phone, and that is just awkward...

Any more questions please ask, Thank you forum

and before you flame me, yea i know i shouldn’t of messed with the phone in the first place, but i didn’t think it would be this difficult to restore to stock, heck my Archos 101 tablet is easy to restore, didn’t think the LG ally was any harder.

Also, yes i did research this, and i did Google for guides, i couldn’t find anything helpful... So please help.

(PS, i tried the VS740 thing, the KP500-Utils-EN.exe utility, it wouldn’t get past 4 percent... just error'd out with a page error i believe)

Aouate3

OP
A

aouate3

Reaction score
if i could somehow get past the inital setup screen i could possibly root it, install rom manager, boot recovery, clear cache, then open a ADB shell and reflash the bootloader.. but i cant get past initial setup because the touch screen isnt working (was working fine before all of this) so i cant touch the droid to get past the first page of setup...

Last edited:
OP
A

aouate3

Reaction score
Come on, someone please help... i need this phone working... :frown:

OP
A

aouate3

Reaction score
if there is no way of fixing it, please just tell me that there is no way of fixing it, please dont just leave me here waiting for a response

rickym76

Reaction score
I have a android hone and it hangs up..
can you tell me about what is the problem there???