LG Ally : Phones low on space... then text memory full.. WHY?

jackals

Reaction score
My phone says low on space (phone storage space getting low) then text message memory goes full...

I deleted all my text messages... and took battery out... what in the world... anyone know a fix for this?

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
You might have too many apps. My phone does the same and does it until I clear some space. You could also try deleting the browser cache too.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
jackals

jackals

Reaction score
damn really... well "what is too much apps?"

I have:

Launcherpro
Aim
coupons
tunewiki radio
mabilo wallpapers
batterytime
astro
beautiful widgets
tip calculator
dolphine browser
dialer one
caller id faker
history eraser
adobe reader
backup assist
sms popup
sportstap
aru ringtones

is that alot of apps?

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I don't know if the ally has been upgraded to 2.2. That doesn't sound like too many apps. Try going to settings and then sd card and phone storage and seeing how much space you have left.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Something isn't right. The Ally will spend the remainder of its shelf life on 2.1 unless something changes. Try what the above poster mentioned and see what it says. Also, go to Manage Applications under Settings and scroll through your apps to make sure some of your apps haven't duplicated anything.

DroidForums junkie!

OP
jackals

jackals

Reaction score
SD Card
Total space: 3.69gb

Avail Space: 3.60gb

Internal phone storage

Available Space: 26.70mb

FWIW:
I deleted some apps, sirius radio, gochat (I don't use either anymore), i cleared the cache out of dolphin browser and the stock browser... took battery out again restarted phone and it seems to of gone away... but even with removing just those 2 things... I have tons of space left no?

Djnatez

Reaction score
Happen to me. The only fix I have is leaving atleast 16mb of rom on the phone for you to receive text messages. If that fails do a complete factory reset and that will fix it 99.99% of the time. As far as I know there is no other alternative.

Sent from my Ally using DroidForums App

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
My Droid starts telling me that I have low space when it gets down to about 25mb. I wish they would lower the threshold for the alert.

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
The offending app in your case, I believe, was dolphin. It has a special cache for HTML5 data which can get HUG.E very quickly. Before realizing this, I had Dolphin using around 80+mb for it and wondering what the hell was using so much space. I manually went app by app under Manage Applications and eventually found it out.

There is an option to clear the HTML5 cache in settings. If you just normally clear the browser cache from within Dolphin it won't clear this HTML5 cache so make sure you check it once in a while (unless they've changed it, I uninstalled it shortly after realizing this and am just using the stock browser now.).

Last edited:

Kiser

Reaction score
I am having the same issue. I posted this in the General Android section then found this LG Ally section.

My LG Ally isn't letting me receive text messages. It tells me my text message memory is full. I have cleared my inbox multiple times, set my max number of texts per thread higher, and changed the number of media messages possible. I don't know what else to try. Does anyone know what I could do to fix it. I would prefer not to have to go to the Verizon store to fix it but if that's what has to be done then ok.

It happened after I downloaded the new Holiday Angry Birds so my issue could be the same with having too little memory of the phone left.

EDIT: After I got the low on space thing to go away I started being able to receive my messages.

Last edited:
OP
jackals

jackals

Reaction score
I am having the same issue. I posted this in the General Android section then found this LG Ally section.

My LG Ally isn't letting me receive text messages. It tells me my text message memory is full. I have cleared my inbox multiple times, set my max number of texts per thread higher, and changed the number of media messages possible. I don't know what else to try. Does anyone know what I could do to fix it. I would prefer not to have to go to the Verizon store to fix it but if that's what has to be done then ok.

It happened after I downloaded the new Holiday Angry Birds so my issue could be the same with having too little memory of the phone left.

EDIT: After I got the low on space thing to go away I started being able to receive my messages.

Yep they go hand in hand for me as well.

brownbob06

Reaction score
I'm beginning to have this problem as well, and I have very few apps on my ally, and hardly any big ones, I had to clear apps to make room. I HIGHLY regret getting this phone, everyone warned me it was terrible and slow, but I didn't listen, should've listened I guess :(

This phone receives a 1.5 out of 10 in my opinion

OP
jackals

jackals

Reaction score
I'm beginning to have this problem as well, and I have very few apps on my ally, and hardly any big ones, I had to clear apps to make room. I HIGHLY regret getting this phone, everyone warned me it was terrible and slow, but I didn't listen, should've listened I guess :(

This phone receives a 1.5 out of 10 in my opinion
ugh I know man. I am on my 2nd one... 1st one the vibrate just stopped. And what sucks is that these new phones are like reformatting windows... you have to re-download EVERYTHING over! It sucks

Its so slow, its always laggy and crap.

I NEED a phone with a keyboard that slides out.. the droid 2 keyboard sucks.. hopefully early after the new year.. some nice keyboard thin 1.5-2ghtz phones come out :icon_ banana:

anyone know of any?

7 VII 7

Reaction score
My wife is having the same issues, started yesterday. She deleted all her TXT messages, about 4 big Apps and did a hard reboot of her phone. It is now shutting off and on and still giving her the errors. When she gets home tonight I am going to do a wipe of her phone.