1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

LFY1.95 market apps won't update or install

Discussion in 'Liquid' started by 0chilly, Jun 11, 2011.

1. 0chilly

0chilly Member

Hi, been using LFY1.95 for a long time, but now any installed apps won't update through the market. Here's the interesting part. Anything that was installed previous to this problem won't update (can uninstall them but not reinstall, it fails), but any applications that have never been installed can be installed brand new with no issues.

For instance, I've had adobe flash player installed since loading the rom. It shows update available in market, and when i click on it and choose Update, it goes "starting download > downloading > download unsuccessful" within 4-5 seconds total.

So i went to settings > applications, and uninstalled adobe flash player successfully. Go back to market and try to install it, and it fails instantly.

As another test, I picked an app that had never been installed on the phone before - Opera Mini Browser - and the market installed that with no problems at all.

The updating fails for any existing app :(

I have tried clearing data and cache in market, rebooting several times, power off, power on, clearing the dalvik cache and trying to update with both wifi and 3G.

The only thing I haven't tried is the "Fix permissions" thing i've heard about, but I can't find that anywhere.

So, does anyone have any ideas for me? I'd rather not go to LGB.

Thanks for your help :)
  2. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Certainly is a strange problem and I definitely havent encountered it. But if you would like to try fix permissions I am not sure if LFY has that function, it has been a while so I honestly dont remember. But if you download, or already have, Rom Manager from the market that will be able to do it. There is a free one and a premium key you can buy but you only need the free one.

Aside from that the only other things I can think is maybe you need to update your market or maybe uninstall updates for your market then try. Or a full wipe and reinstall of the rom, of course making a backup in first in case it doesnt work then you can just restore and not need to set everything up again.
  3. 0chilly

0chilly Member

Thanks for the reply. I didn't look for Fix Permissions in the Clockwork Rom Manager (I have it installed, so I'll try it).

Do you know how to uninstall updates for the market like you mentioned? Or is there a new market I can try installing? Thanks :)
  4. JSM9872

To uninstall the updates go into Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All, scroll down to market click on it and when in there you will see an option to uninstall updates if it is available.

I only have themed markets to install so if you want a black one with white text I can send you a link for one of those but not right now I really need to get to bed and their on my computer. If you cant wait, go to the dedicated Droid Themers section on this website and look in the B-boy section, I know he has the current market 2.3.6 themed and available. If you are going to install it you will need to do the updates uninstall I mentioned in this post first or it wont work. And again have a backup because the newer markets can be troublesome when trying to flash them.

Sorry if you need anything else tonight I cant help. Work is coming on really fast and I need to get some sleep.

Sent from my Droid
  5. thaDroidz

thaDroidz New Member

will those updated markets work with FROYO?
  6. 0chilly

0chilly Member

Update. I opened Clockwork Rom Manager and used the Fix Permissions function. After completing, it told me to reboot the phone, which I did. Immediately following the reboot, I went to market and updated all my applications successfully.

The one I had uninstalled previously and was not able to install again, flash player, was also able to be installed successfully.

So, Fix Permissions seems to have fixed my problems :) Thank you for the help.

The market update metioned in the prior post, will that work on Liquid Frozen Yogurt 1.95? I'm not themed, just the base LFY1.95.

Thanks again everyone, you rock.
  7. JSM9872

Sorry I was at work. Did you try using the market update? I have two unrooted droids in the house running froyo that have the 2.3.6 markets so I dont see why it wouldnt work on LFY. If you doend up trying one I would make a backup first and then try flashing it. If it doesnt work, just restore your backup.
  8. 0chilly

0chilly Member

At the time of my last post, no I didn't update any market app - just used Fix Permissions and then went into the market and updated the apps no problem.

Well, the problem started again today. there was a Titanium (free) app update that I tried to install and it instantly failed :( I tried fix permissions again but even that had no effect this time.

Not sure what to do from here now :\
  9. JSM9872

TIBU is normally a system app included with LGB and I believe it was on LFY as well. To update it try this: Make a backup or if you have a recent one that youre ok with then youre good. Delete TIBU from your phone, reboot, then try to download the newer version.
Search tags for this page

android market apps won't update

applications won't update droid 2

applications wont download droid a855

apps won't update on droid 2

my droid 2 won't update anything