letting people use youe phone... where do you stand?

cuskit

Reaction score
For some reason I get anxiety when people want to use things of mine so I avoid the situation when possible and am constantly aware of what's going on should the situation arise. I have some a-hole 'friends' that are careless with things so I guess that's where it comes from but even with people I trust it's the same.

I should really get over it, right? ;)
Nope! Your friends will come and go. But you'll only have one Droid! ;) mikey

papy72

Reaction score
The only people I'd let use my cell phone are my trusted family members. That pretty much excludes my older nieces/nephews as they have this tendency to post embarrassing messages in my facebook status when I'm not looking.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
if it is an EMERGENCY and they need to make a QUICK call, I will click on the phone icon for them and have the keypad already out for them to dial and talk. And I am watching them like a hawk. After they done with the call and they are trying to figure out how to hang up; I will insist that I will take care of that and back in the pocket it goes.

SinCitySRT4

Reaction score
The only other person who ever plays with my phone is my wife so she can play games and even then I'm keepin a close eye. Like hey watch those nails or lose them I say to myself

R1Lover

Reaction score
I don't know anyone without a phone so there is no need to let someone use mine.

JimmyD

Reaction score
I've never had anyone ask to use my Droid, but I suppose I would handle the question in these manners:

:) Family member asks = no problem, please use my phone;
:) Very close friend asks = no problem, please use my phone;
:icon_eek: A friend (not very close) asks = Hmmmm... it depends on who it is;
:) Coworker asks = no problem, please use my phone;
:mad: A stranger who simply needs a phone in a non-emergency situation asks = No way, sorry Charlie.
:) A stranger in obvious trouble who needs to dial 911 ask = no problem, please use my phone.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No one touches my Droid.

[video=youtube;IR2axen8McQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IR2axen8McQ&feature=related]YouTube - Butterfinger Advert: The Bully[/video]

meekless

Reaction score
How about hell no! lol
If it was someone stranded at a bar or on the side of the road or some bad situation I would let someone use my Droid, but they wouldnt leave my side for a second!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
How about hell no! lol
If it was someone stranded at a bar or on the side of the road or some bad situation I would let someone use my Droid, but they wouldnt leave my side for a second!

Now a days if someone is stranded on the side of the road I will let the cops deal with it. People are crazy and will try to car jack you. Unless you packing some heat, I would not advise stopping for any one (maybe granny). If some one says they are stranded, I will call the authorities or a cab and let them deal with it.
Strangers using my droid i dont know. Call me selfish but I will call them a cab for them or the authorities but just letting them touch a hi-end smart phone is not going to happen. Now if I still had my iphone I would let them use that :).

OP
iMpathetic

iMpathetic

Reaction score
I let people use my cell about as much as I let them use my handgun.

^+ same here:icon_ banana:

its a phone not a car, anyone wants to use it no problem

Say that after you've had to pay the deductible to replace it a few times.

OP, seeing as you're 16 I'm assuming you didn't pay for the phone so that will contribute to your lack consiousness to the replacement cost... No offense (even if you did pay for it) but at that age you have NO real value of money (and YES I speak from experience, I had NONE at that age too, though I THOUGHT I did, same with ALL 16 yr olds). Lets see what you think in another 16 years:wink:.

Haha, I did actually.... you are right about the value-of-money thing though.

"letting people use youe phone... where do you stand?"

Off to the right and little behind the person holding the droid. :)

Ooohhhhh, clever.

koralyne

Reaction score
if it is an EMERGENCY and they need to make a QUICK call, I will click on the phone icon for them and have the keypad already out for them to dial and talk. And I am watching them like a hawk. After they done with the call and they are trying to figure out how to hang up; I will insist that I will take care of that and back in the pocket it goes.

Ill second that. The other day, I was on the bus, and some guy asked if he could borrow my phone (had the instinct at the time) he said it was important. he got to a part in his call where he was gonna ask his friend or something to do something and call back later, and I'm thinking, WTF! There's definitly some lack of phone-borrowing ettiquite there. I had to tell him I was getting off soon to get my phone back. Not to mention, the screen was soooo greasy afterwards... Yuck!

Edit: it was pretty funny though, watching him try to figure out that it was a touchscreen, and not a slider. Haha