letting people use youe phone... where do you stand?

iMpathetic

Reaction score
Just wondering... I am usually pretty lenient about letting people use it, especially because I'm in the 10th grade and my friends are curious. XD this is a really nice phone so I never let it go unsupervised/out of my sight though.

What about you? More lenient? Less? About the same?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I let people use my cell about as much as I let them use my handgun.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you trust your friends and they are true friends then go ahead. At some point in life you will be asked to do something you don't want to (peer pressure) and may have to say no. In this case its as easy as saying "sorry, last person dropped it, it doesn't leave my hand" if you don't want to pass it around. And then stand your ground.

RLJSlick

Reaction score
Close friends that just need to make a quick call sure, but I'm really anal about borrowing thing to people, so it would be only in a emergency otherwise.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

ha!

The other thing people are sometimes reluctant to do is get others to look the other way when they log onto a site. Kids will be kids, and even some adults could cause you some grief. I ran a bbs where kids would lose control of their passwords. They said it was hard because their friends were right there when they logged on sometimes. I told them to say "I log on the same way I visit the bathroom....with no one looking."

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I let anyone other than children (<15 yrs) sample my phone. Everyone is curious and wants to do a bit of surfing to see what it's like. The only stipulation is that I be present.

For children, I will start one of the games and then let them play, again while in my presence.

As for phone calls, anyone that asks or that looks like they need some help. (again, in my presence).

joshua117

Reaction score
i do if they can provide the following:
1)two forms of identification (preferred government issue)
2)proof of financial responsibly (if that cannot be provided a deposit of equal or greater value than replacement cost of said phone...depending on the person)
3)minimum of 3 character references (no family members)
4)be willing to sign a legally binding contract for terms use (see 14page contract attached)
5)and lastly a dna sample

you know the scary thing is i know people that wouldn't think this is asking too much. no if someone wants to see my phone i don't care. :)

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score

^+ same here:icon_ banana:

its a phone not a car, anyone wants to use it no problem

Say that after you've had to pay the deductible to replace it a few times.

OP, seeing as you're 16 I'm assuming you didn't pay for the phone so that will contribute to your lack consiousness to the replacement cost... No offense (even if you did pay for it) but at that age you have NO real value of money (and YES I speak from experience, I had NONE at that age too, though I THOUGHT I did, same with ALL 16 yr olds). Lets see what you think in another 16 years:wink:.

patriot839

Reaction score
The only other person to touch my droid is my 6yo son he's the only one I trust and he just plays raging thunder and being a good kid that follows rules he knows that he can only use while sitting like holding a small animal it helps prevent dropping I luv my droid

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
"letting people use youe phone... where do you stand?"

Off to the right and little behind the person holding the droid. :)

bastosero

Reaction score
I am reluctant and have a hard time letting family members and friends use my phone, let alone strangers. LOL

QiG

Reaction score
For some reason I get anxiety when people want to use things of mine so I avoid the situation when possible and am constantly aware of what's going on should the situation arise. I have some a-hole 'friends' that are careless with things so I guess that's where it comes from but even with people I trust it's the same.

I should really get over it, right? ;)

vash429

Reaction score
Family members no problem, but friends changed my mind last week when one of them locked it trying to guess my pattern. To make things even better there apparently is a bug on the droid that wont accept your gmail password as correct so you have to reset... It was bad.