Letstalk

spdivr1122

Reaction score
Doubt this should be here. I just won an xperia play from letstalk. There's a form I need to fill out, but if I were to I'd have to include my social security number. Is letstalk legitimate? Why do they need my ssn for a phone I won? Should I do it? And also, if and when I do get it, do I have to activate the phone? If anyone can help me with this I would greatly appreciate it

Sent from my droid charge

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Let'sTalk is a legitimate vendor, but I have no idea why they would want an SSN for a phone you won.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Doubt this should be here. I just won an xperia play from letstalk. There's a form I need to fill out, but if I were to I'd have to include my social security number. Is letstalk legitimate? Why do they need my ssn for a phone I won? Should I do it? And also, if and when I do get it, do I have to activate the phone? If anyone can help me with this I would greatly appreciate it

When you activate service on a new phone as a new customer they run a credit check. That's why they want the social.

OP
S

spdivr1122

Reaction score

When you activate service on a new phone as a new customer they run a credit check. That's why they want the social.

what do you think I should do?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
If you have concerns there should be a way to contact them directly. Ask them.

sent from somewhere...