Let's Talk - Bionic - $160 after coupon + Free Shipping

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by Speeding Wheels, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Speeding Wheels

Speeding Wheels New Member

2. thewoody

thewoody New Member

Won't let you select unlimited data now. Otherwise, great find!
  3. BlueSami

BlueSami New Member

someone said you can keep your upgrade and the phone is $200. How do I do that?
  4. sqchram

sqchram New Member

Good find, but you need to have a certain $59.95 or higher priced minute plan I believe.<br><br>I have the 450 mins with no text etc - it did allow me to continue to select my unlimited data, but the phone price went up to 294.<br><br>You will need to individually investigate to see if this is a good deal for you, or there could be a few more specifics on the post.
  5. DRILLINDK

DRILLINDK New Member

Ya, kinda pissed saw this and the Amazon deal when I got home tonight. I went over lunch and picked up the Bionic. Any way I can work this in my favor from Verizon???
  6. papatar

papatar New Member

I like the price. With 2 yrs insurance its right at $300 shipped upgrading my original droid. I'm kinda nervous about buying online though-never heard of 'letstalk.com'. Do i take it to a verizon store to activate or also do that online? thanks
  7. tgyberg

tgyberg Well-Known Member

^ You actually just activate it on the phone itself. Dial *228 and follow the prompts.
  8. warhawk187

warhawk187 New Member

Just ordered mine today, although it has been backordered and will be in stock on the 13th, not too bad for 175.99 and free overnight shipping. I think they raise the price of the phone by $20 if you decide to keep your exisiting data plan, but even still with the 20% off discount, total phone price = $175.99. I would still consider that an awesome deal on a phone that at the very least would cost me $249 to upgrade through amazon, or $299 through verizon. Coming from an OG Droid 1, this will surely be an upgrade and Ive been tired of waiting and don't want to risk paying more for a phone that might or might not be released in a month. At least now I won't feel as bad pulling the trigger if the Droid Prime comes out next month and is $299.99 everywhere. And who knows, ICS might possibly be ported to the Bionic if the Prime's specs are just a slightly bit higher.
  9. BeyondReality

BeyondReality New Member

Dude you are the man... Good find.

I was going to spend the 300$ on the phone. I just ordered it they should have it Monday. I have a feeling this deal is not going to last long.

Thanks for posting man!
  10. Sweet Kitten Feet

Sweet Kitten Feet New Member

Can you upgrade and keep your unlimited data plan going through this site?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  11. DROID11

DROID11 New Member

Not on a 4g phone. there is a sim card that is associated with the account that does the activation automatically. *228 doesn't work with any lte phone
  12. manolo

manolo New Member

And, if i'm allowed to add this question, does it work even for who's not eligible for an upgrade? :/
  13. BeyondReality

BeyondReality New Member

#1) Yes you can keep your current plan, it will not make any changes

#2) You have to be eligible for an upgrade but I think you can do it if you are 10 months into your current plan. Not sure though, check it tells you on site. Call up, very easy to do over phone.
  14. manolo

manolo New Member

with 10 months into my current plan you mean that my plan has to expire within 10 months? from the website it says that i'm gonna be eligible for an upgrade october 2012 :/ so i guess that event at the verizon store if i want to change phone i have to pay it full retail price :/
  15. Sweet Kitten Feet

Sweet Kitten Feet New Member

Anybody every used the insurance through this site? Any problems? Also, I guess I missed the deductible amount.

16. 2001ZincSR

2001ZincSR New Member

I tried all day yesterday to get my upgrade through letstalk.com. I was able to place my order online only to get an email an hour later saying I had to confirm my family plan with verizon by providing the account number, password, and the account owner's ssn from the actual account owner. Im am on a family plan with my dad so I had to call him to tell him to call letstalk to provide them with all the info. My dad cannot remember the account password being 4 years since we set it up so letstalk had him call verizon to reset it. After resetting the password and providing it to letstalk I figured we were good to go. Guess again.
    Within an hour I received another email from letstalk saying I now had to change my minutes plan to a new one that is currently offered through letstalk to complete my order. I called letstalk and asked why but they couldn't provide a decent answer, only to say that the plan I am on is no longer offered.
    So my order still is not complete until I choose a new minutes plan. Ive checked into getting an upgrade through verizon and they don't require me to switch my minutes plan. I also checked wirefly and they do not require a minute plan change.
    Is this just letstalk.com's way of recouping the sale price of the phone? They are being ridiculous to deal with.
  17. lanza_david

lanza_david New Member

That's what I was wondering when I checked their website. Fishy and risky imo.

18. Savagepea

Savagepea New Member

If you're eligible for an upgrade right now with VZW you can trade in any old junker phone you have for 100.00 verizon credit. My bionic was 249.00 minus the 100.00 giftcard so 149.00 180 something with tax. But I didnt have to wait for shipping :)
  19. zomnomnombie

zomnomnombie Active Member

Maybe they're getting a special price from Verizon in exchange for getting people onto more expensive plans.

Sent from my R2 unit using DroidForums
  20. tommyg562000

tommyg562000 Member

That's wrong. When I ordered my tbolt thru vzw, the documentation walked me thru the activation and all I had to do was *228. The sim does not effect anything except giving u 4g.

Search tags for this page

coupons on motorola droid bionic