Let's see your Blizzard of Feb 2010 Droid Photos

Reaction score
20100206141012.jpg

he he he... and if you are wondering... yes... that is a car... it will be fully burried by 8 tonight... which is when the snow will stop supposedly... but we have another blizzard coming Wednesday... or Tuesday...

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Merged :D

And the Snow has Stopped here.......

M

Matth3w

Here's my contribution...I had to shovel my car out to get to it today. Although it definitely needs washed as I was just out of town all week.

4335038419_608c6ca3c5_b.jpg

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did some live Upsteam video earlier today just back in from 4 hours of snow management with the blower (we have a 400' driveway) I'll be back out again tomorrow AM on the tractor to blade the rest.

I'll stick the Droid out again for an update but I'm not going out!

February 2010 Blizzard on USTREAM: Blizzard of February 2010 live video from South central New Jersey. Local News
I just watched your video on UStream. I rooted my phone last night with Sholes and saw UStream in the Market, so I downloaded it. Told me the operating system wasn't compatible, however it apparently allowed me to bypass that and I was able to create an account. I'm thinking after seeing your video that the video quality might be slightly better just recording directly to the phone and putting it on a hosting site like Photobucket. However, my other question is what time are we coming over for the Super Bowl party? :)

cuskit

Reaction score
Here in my section of the Jersey Shore it's looking just like the last storm we had, except there are higher winds - right now I've measured 18" in the flat sections of my yard - drifts in places vary from a couple of feet up to 6' or more. Patty's Honda Accord has well over 30" on the roof! My F150 looked to have a camper back on it due to the drift piled over my tonneau cover. Drifts are up on the front of my house (north side) to the middle or higher of our windows (5'), and my grill on the back deck has totally disappeared. I had no plans to go out today, wanting to just veg out and wait until this blows over (it's actually intensifying right now at 3:00). But my darling little Sicilian has a gut feeling her favorite lottery number will hit today - so, she ordered asked me to run her down the street to play her numbers. Okay - I love her - she keeps me happy (for the most part, the little wench) so I figured I'd just clear enough to get the truck out of our driveway.

Snow blower roared up to life as soon as I touched the button, all is well. Headed out the door into @24" give or take and got maybe all of 15' when suddenly the augers were no longer turning. Damn! Back up into the building. I thought I had sheared the sacrificial bolts (2 - one on each auger). No such luck. Somewhere I've got either a belt, gear or chain broken. Never having taken this one apart - I'm not in the mood to start working on it in the storage shed. So - out comes the shovel, and about 2 hours later, my 235 pound body at 59 years is 3.999 seconds short of full cardiac arrest, my clothing soaked with sweat, hands blistered from the shovel and I'm not sure I can walk the twenty steps over to my front door. I look back at what I've shoveled and there's already another 3-4" coating my hard work. My breath is coming in short bursts and my legs are agonizing in their effort to propel me back into the house.

Patty has the look of murder in her flashing brown eyes, I glanced at the clock and notice it's ten minutes after the midday lottery drawing has gone off. No - her number did not come out, but that makes little difference to her. She can't get past the fact I didn't make it down to play her numbers - my selfish, self centered mind oblivious to her wishes had instead engorged itself into the wanton pleasures of manually shoveling my drive - a daunting task for a young, stalwart 20 year old kid in his prime. Forget an overweight pork roll egg & cheese addict like myself.

I weakly nod towards her and manage to gasp out the words - "blower's broken - had to shovel by hand". Thinking I might see some compassion and pity drift into those fiery eyes I was disappointed. Instead - they began snapping with even more intensity as she spat out a few choice words of scorn (I'm assuming I was being cursed at like a pitiful mutt in the street) but could not understand her fluid Italian verbiage. But the accompanying hand motions told me the story. The clenched fist placed solidly into the crook of her other arm as it raised into the typical Italian salute was readily recognized by me - I've seen it all too often. So - I turned like the whipped cur I knew I was and shuffled off to the bath where I struggled out of my icy soaked clothes and into a hot shower. I stayed there until the water began to run cold. Summoning up all the courage I could muster - I once again got dressed into another set of warm, dry clothes and headed to the door. Looking back over my shoulder I saw her down the end of the family room, sitting upright on the couch with an expressionless stare on her face. Exiting to the outside cold, I said nary a word as I closed the door behind me. I then struggled through the now 6-8 inches that had already built up in my shoveled path and made it to the truck and started the lonely and depressing drive to my shop.

Two turns from my house, I realized this normal 8-10 minute drive would be at least a half hour or more - the streets had not been plowed yet. So I turned and headed down to the neighborhood gas station - there I purchased six crossword puzzle scratch-off lottery tickets. Heading back to the house at 5 miles per hour, slipping and sliding all over the place having a difficult time just trying to see if I was still on a street or on the sidewalk, I finally made it back to the house. Leaving the truck running - I limped to the front door (my leg muscles felt like they were on fire having not exercised this much in years) I knocked on the door (yea - she locked it behind me). Several minutes pass while the blizzard, icy cold wind blew more snow down the collar of my jacket and my ears began to freeze solid. Finally, the door opens and it's her, an angry look on her face as she muttered more flowery choice Italian comments. I handed her the tickets without saying a word and headed back to the truck.

I get to my shop to find six foot drifts completely covering the parking pad in front of my showroom door. Mumbling to myself the hell with it all, I throw the truck into reverse and back up quickly into the horrific drifts. Wheels spinning madly and snow churning like crazy - I finally hit the brakes just before crashing through the entrance door. I jump out and land in snow up to my waist. Yea - this is looking to be a great day! I manage to push my way through the drifts to the door, and make my way inside. Pulling off my coat, gloves and boots, I plump myself down in my office chair, turn on the computer, log into the droidforums.net - and here I am!

Hello! How is your day going, all of you my Droidian brethren? Are you having as much fun as I am? mikey :):)

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
Did some live Upsteam video earlier today just back in from 4 hours of snow management with the blower (we have a 400' driveway) I'll be back out again tomorrow AM on the tractor to blade the rest.

I'll stick the Droid out again for an update but I'm not going out!

February 2010 Blizzard on USTREAM: Blizzard of February 2010 live video from South central New Jersey. Local News
I just watched your video on UStream. I rooted my phone last night with Sholes and saw UStream in the Market, so I downloaded it. Told me the operating system wasn't compatible, however it apparently allowed me to bypass that and I was able to create an account. I'm thinking after seeing your video that the video quality might be slightly better just recording directly to the phone and putting it on a hosting site like Photobucket. However, my other question is what time are we coming over for the Super Bowl party? :)

Party starts about 4ish we have it at my buddies place he has a kitchen set up in what used to be a chicken coop that we re-did. Commercial Range, sinks, Picnic tables, pool table, couches, recliners, so on. Oh! the most important two TVs one is a good size projection unit. Usually about 50 people so another few won't make a difference!

On the video quality... for what it is... streaming from a phone I think it's pretty good. No uploading, etc... just open the app and shoot... it goes to my YouTube and facebook as well as the Ustream site without me having to do anything.

aacanela73

Reaction score
I think that this is the first time in my life that a Wisconsin winter has been milder then across the rest of the country. We have had a minimal amount of snow only a handful of 20 below days and only a couple of ice storms. I don't think I can hardly believe it!! I guess it was our turn to have a light winter. Oh well

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello! How is your day going, all of you my Droidian brethren? Are you having as much fun as I am? mikey :):)

As I'm reading your post, all I can think of is, she must be one heck of an Italian. :)

My snowblower had one minor hiccup near the end of my clearing the driveway, and not sure if it is a major deal or not, but somehow the right tire came off the rim. I took it to the gas station in the Jeep - which I sort of enjoyed checking out the county roads and doing spin outs with my son.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
On the video quality... for what it is... streaming from a phone I think it's pretty good. No uploading, etc... just open the app and shoot... it goes to my YouTube and facebook as well as the Ustream site without me having to do anything.
I agree, the UStream is cool and it doesn't need uploaded. The quality was good for a live stream. I hope you don't think I was being critical or anything.

cuskit

Reaction score

As I'm reading your post, all I can think of is, she must be one heck of an Italian. :)

My snowblower had one minor hiccup near the end of my clearing the driveway, and not sure if it is a major deal or not, but somehow the right tire came off the rim. I took it to the gas station in the Jeep - which I sort of enjoyed checking out the county roads and doing spin outs with my son.
Yea! That she is! You do realize of course I jested a bit - she is actually very loving and understanding. She offered to help me dig out!

Wish all I had was a jumped tire! Gonna pull it apart tonight and see what I find. mike