Let's get this figured out. whats better? GDE v HOME ++ v Pandahome v others

acetwo

Reaction score
ive been searching and looking but whats the LEAST buggiest and coolest looking?

I don't like how home++ wallpaper doesn't fit but the bar is cool

DHood

Reaction score
I tried Home++ and I uninstalled it. So far, I like pandahome. It all depends on your taste but really Home++ made me give up on Home Replacements and wait for 2.1 and then screenshots of panda made me try it and then I tried it and I've only had it for a day but I still like it.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Least buggiest?

Stock Home. hands down the least buggy option of them all.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Question is too subjective....

natty_lite

Reaction score
I've been using GDE since it I bought my phone a couple of weeks ago. I have zero (literally zero, not exaggerating) force closes or instabilities. I prefer it for only one reason really, and that is to have a HTC Hero style app dock.

I'm surprised its been so stable, since I was practically beat over the head about how awful it was on forums like these. Only issue I can recall is the fact that the app drawer doesn't refresh automatically after adding or deleting an app. All I do is switch the app drawer view from grid to list to fix. Simple.

mjs31

Reaction score
GDE in my books. Tried Home++ the other day, and although nice, I went right back to GDE. Their updates have really improved the flow and I just love the cube.

vonfink13

Reaction score
Gde is the one I use. It was fc'ing like crazy on me and I dumped every cache I could dump and got rid of all the apps I don't really use and the fc issue has almost gone away and the lag it had before is gone...the cube effect is really cool...and I love having six screens.

Pueo

Reaction score
GDE all the way, having tried all the others. A couple of force closes the last couple of days (1st time ever) but, I'm sure the dev will correct since they are quick to make improvements and debug. I would like to see an Icon pack for personalizing my folder icons.

natty_lite

Reaction score
..and for the record. I don't use the cube, I hate it. I felt I had to mention that, because every GDE related thread I've read comes down to the cube. It gives users not in the know the impression that you HAVE to use it. There are several homescreen panning methods. I use the default.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My vote is Launcher from 2.1. As long as I don't use Swype, it is smooth and fast. 5 screens and the cool app drawer. I liked Home++ better than any of the others I've tried, but it was laggy on my phone no matter what I did.

SGTiger

Reaction score
GDE. Been using it a long time with 7 screens. Never force closes. Never laggy. I love the cube animation when going from one screen to the other.